Can't shift out of second?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Jan 4, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

Just bought the game so don't know why but I can't get car out of second gear for some reason? Using momo wheel with up down shifter- and assigned shifting to shifter- but car won't rev to shift into third gear- stuck at 62 mph for some reason? What setting am I missing to get it to rev higher for shifting to higher gears?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Looks like you have pit limiter on, check in the controls menu and make sure that you have it assigned to a button.
    limiter.JPG

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. me you

me you Registered

ok thank you- I'll try that out- yup that is what it was- I'm going to have to learn this racing sim- much different than assetto corsa- can't figure out how to get replay for whole race for instance- Really liking the AI in this sim though- very cool they fight like they do- Just gonna have to get used to the differences in setup and race stuff-

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

Welcome to simulation , enjoy the ride !!

5. me you

me you Registered

Thank You- I'm liking the sim, however, finding it hard to navigate as a newbie- for isntance, when I go to do a race, with practice, qualifying, then race, I do a couple laps in practice, but don't know how to move it to the qualifying round- it just keeps going and going. Am I supposed to do soemthign to get it to go into qualifying? Also after qualifying, not sure how to get it to the race portion? Do i go back to pits and click something? And when race is over, it just keeps going, not sure how to get it to the results page or to the replay page? Assetto corsa was all automatic- once you did qualifying, it automatically put you into race lineup, and when done you went to a page for resutls, replay etc-

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Like all games they all differ, when you go back to garage in the standings page click finish session ( or)then next session at the bottom of page . It will take you through sessions , you can also set all session lengths , starting times etc you can also accelerate real road if you want to do a short practise , quick qual and then race on a well run beers race line ( recommended for new users ). To race hit the BIG Race button

7. me you

me you Registered

Thanks, I'm learning t slow but sure- I'll try th real road next- is there any way to save replays? That would help me learn the apex points better if I could- also is there a way to change the replay view to say cockpit, or tv cockpit? that would be a big help in seeing what lines work for corners and what don't. Thanks for the reply- really loving how the force feed back feels in this game- I like it better than the assetto corsa FFB I think- tires just seem to pick up all the little bums and blips- the curbing feels fantastic in spots- nice little rattle goes on- I think I'm addicted lol

fsuarez79 likes this.
  8. bwana

bwana Registered

You can view a replay of when you go to garage by escaping , highlight your name on timing sheet then you can enlarge the replay screen on the left and if you then rewind you can watch all or part of your session , you have to do it before last lap replay finishes , there are keyboard functions to scroll the camera views . There is also a replay file saved that you can view of any sessions or hot laps , l can’t quite recal but in settings at start of the game opening l think ..

9. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Replays are automatically saved by default, in the main menu just go in "options" and then "replays", and you will find all of them. Also as bwana said you can watch a replay directly in garage, by pressing R you can switch from live to replay, and by expand the monitor you can use the timing bar, watch pedal inputs, gears, speed and rpm :)

To change the view in replay (and also when you are driving) you have Ins (driving views) Home (onboard tv views) Page up (external view AKA swingman) and Page Down (tv cameras). When you are in this view you can use Page Down again to switch all the tv camera modes, but is track dipendent.

When you are in replay mode, spacebar is to pause the replay, right arrow is fast forward, left arrow is backwards, down is slowmotion, up is pause (hold to pause) and Enter is to go in full screen.

With + & - you can switch all the drivers (always, in all the views, replay and live, so never press one of these buttons when you are driving :p)

In swingman view you can use the numpad to rotate and zooming the camera, press 5 to reset the view.

In tv view you can press End to activate the "free" camera mode, once is activated you can use the numpad 1 and 3 to zoom, mouse to rotate the camera. This mode is the best for take some cool screenshot!

[​IMG]

Enjoy :)

bwana likes this.
  10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

11. me you

me you Registered

Thanks Folks- didn't realize they are automaticalyl saved- I'll check that out in a bit- Thanks for htose keyboard shortcuts Krusti- That'll help a lot- I basically need the different views to judge where my entry to corners is, and what i can be doing better- so that will be a big help

Fsuarez79 I'd seen that site before- but not the newbie link- thank you for posting that- that will help a lot-

Thanks Bwana

bwana likes this.