KNOWN Can't move camera properly

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by I3bullets, Oct 21, 2013.

1. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Heyho,

I'm running build 300. No matter what car or track I choose and no matter to what key I map the functions the camera in free mode won't move forward, down and to the right and it won't zoom in/out as well. I don't have any other software such as track IR running.
    Does anyone know the reason for this and a possible solution?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just did a quick test, works for me.
    Didn't test them all but cam zoom in/out, cam move forward/backward and cam turn left/right all worked.
    zoom in/out only works in freecam using U to release the camera.

I don't think it matters which track or mod you use.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  3. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Okay, so it seems to be on my side. Any ideas as to what might be the problem? I mapped all the keys (w,a,s,d and four others for zoom in/out and up/down) but only back, up and left work. Of course, I entered freecam mode first.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not sure, it could be a simple as thinking you assigned a button but you didn't. it happens sometimes..

Or maybe a keyboard issue, I already checked to see if I could make keys not works with f-lock off and some other settings but they still worked.
    But if you got one of those high-tech keyboards with a million cool options with which you could launch missiles then its worth double checking.
    With those fancy keyboards you can preset keys for windows functions, if for example you mapped those keys to a function and also in rf2 then there could be a conflict.

In rf1 I would advise to create a 2nd profile but is that even possible in rf2? maybe do a quick 2nd rf2 install so you know the ini's etc are all default. (or delete current profile and start fresh if you don't mind losing settings)

I'm just guessing btw. it remains weird that key assignments refuse to work.

Oh btw, not sure if important but you never know, I tested this 'live' and in quick replay only. did not test this in an actual replay.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  5. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Your help is really appreciated!

I double checked whether the keys were assigned and they were. I then even assigned the functions to different keys AND made a new settings profile. The Problem remained :-/ I don't have a fancy keyboard either ;) Oh, and this happens when being "live" - no replay. Next I might try the fresh install you suggested. Thank you!

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No issues here, either, single report so far. Obviously you're assigning a key to free move, are you assigning keys to movement?

7. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Do you use any plugins? IIRC when this happened to me (same directions I think) I had to uninstall the trackir software I was using (even though it wasn't running) and roll back to an older version. My moneys on a conflict with some external software you have.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

8. Adrian

Adrian Registered

[MENTION=13905]I3bullets[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Tim Wheatley[/MENTION]

I also have this problem with the latest build same directions, the problem was fixed by moving the trackir plugin out of the folder (into a folder I called unused) also another fix was to uninstall the trackir software (even though it wasnt running)

9. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Now with the new build, the problem is gone. It was strange as I had indeed assigned keys to movement - actually I didn't change the assignments from previous builds. And I don't have TrackIR.

10. 88mphTim

You sure you don't have two data directories somehow and modified the wrong one? Very odd... I check this every build really, as I'm sending screens out to people about licensing quite a bit.

11. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Not sure if I understand correctly. I have only one rFactor2 directory, none of the folders within it has a "twin". I do have a separate packages folder but that shouldn't influence key mapping, should it? Also, I mapped the keys from within the game / settings menu - can't see how the game might access different data directories.

As I said, the problem is gone now after I autoupdated. So whatever it was it got fixed by the update *shrug*

12. 88mphTim

Ok. If it comes back with the next build please start a new thread in here for me if you have time. Thank you.