cant launch rf2, stock car extreme (windows 10)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yusupov, May 17, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

anyone else here cool enough to run windows 10 before its been properly tested or are you all a bunch of lames?

i have it, have been on build 10074 for awhile & still am, but today ive got a problem; i cant launch rf2. the load time was already egregious, due to the sheer # of mods (i checked the folder & its over 100GB, couldnt believe it), but after the HDD sorted itself out, its always been fine. more or less the same story w/ SCE, though its been a bit finicky i could always sort it out very quickly. assetto corsa isnt effected, i think maybe bc of the separate launcher, not sure.

what happens with rf2 is: after or near when the HDD has finished sorting the files, the rf2 popup appears, the program launches but after a black screen i go back to desktop. its still running in the task manager but listed as 'not responding' & only using something like 70 MB RAM.

SCE is the same except windows closes it before i even see anything popup. it does show as running for a bit in the TM & once again it only launches after the HDD has finished doing its thing.

so wondering if anyone else is having this issue w/ win10, but also if anyone else has had something like it at any time or might understand whats going on/how i can get around this. bc i really dont want to get a 500GB ssd & IM KEEPIN MY MODS DAMMIT

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

figured out the issue, seems i have to do w/out reshade for the time being...nbd in rf2 but it gives sce a very nice makeover.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why :confused: .........................when you are the one sitting here whining. lool ;)

My W7 is absolutely bulletproof .......DAMMIT !

hehehe :p

Splitting sims and buying a 500GB SSD to run them..........talk about lame.

MY LOADTIME is fine ? ... I run a Black Caviar ( Sata ) for all sims.