Can't Join the track now after update in multiplayer.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rogue22, Nov 14, 2015.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

So apparently the game won't allow me to join the track in multiplayer. Its like its stuck in spectator mode or something. The option to race is greyed out and the setup section claims the server is fixed.

I tried doing a full reinstall of the sim and packages, it worked for a minute. When I logged out and logged back in to set my controls it started to do it again. I tried verifying the files and I got all these fail in return.

D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Thrustmaster T300RS Racing wheel.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Porsche Wheel.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel USB.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Logitech Driving Force GT USB.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Fanatec Porsche GT3.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Fanatec CSR Wheel.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows).JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/ClubSport Wheel.JSON failed verification.
    D:/Program Files (x86)/rFactor2/UserData/Controller/AZ Keyboard.JSON failed verification.

Along with the

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Nov 14 2015 4:56:49 PM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Component "Core UI 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory

Which I know is a known issue. Not sure what else to do. This all came about after the lastest update. The performance is good but now I cannot race online now.

I'll keep playing with it but I've already missed my online race so I have no other way to verify it I can fix it or not.

2. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Copied the missing files over from a backup userdata folder I had, that fixed the failed verification issues above. Are files missing in the non steam install file?

3. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Still couldn't join a MP race after a second attempt at a fresh reinstall of the non steam version and just install the car and track I was trying to join in on.

4. daviddosg

daviddosg Registered

hi rogue22,
    I have the same issue!!! How have you verified the files? I 've not seen the "verify" button in the launcher...

I have "Component "Core UI 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory" message too at startup log, but I can't find it at list and I have not a backup copy of this files :( (I see don't mind cause you haven't could fix the issue copy them again)

Please, if you find how to fix it let me know...

Thanks!

5. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Registered

Same happening to me. Stuck in a "fake" spectator mode. I race in R2P and in the last races, almost 20 % of the drivers were unable to join. No problems shown after verifying last build.