Can't join my own server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Griffin-5, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Hi all,

I can't seem to join my own server.

I can see it listed in WAN, and when selected, it begins to load like any other track would. However it only loads about 80% of the way before it crashes without warning and I am left staring at a blank Steam VR environment.

In my Multiplayer.json file I have the following port settings:
    HTTP Server Port:64297
    Simulation Port:54297

I have tried paid content and free content (Tatuus at Portland) but nothing seems to allow me to join my own hosted server. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have exhausted my currently aware options.

Thanks you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Update: I've tried adding the Microsoft Loopback Adapter as well as changing the HTTP port in Multiplayer.json to 23017 and I can now see my own server on both LAN as well as WAN.

But it still instantly crashes as soon as the loading bar has finished loading. Any ideas, I could really use some help. Thanks!

3. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Thank you for the reply!
    Is there anything I should be looking out for, or anything to avoid?
    I've simply been selecting one or a few cars, and making sure its always the latest version of each car (no duplicates).
    I can now get the yellow loading bar to get to 100% but moments later it still comes crashing down. I've deleted all my old packages and made a simple 1 car, 1 track (free content) and still no success yet.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  4. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Thank you Mangoletsi,

You've helped me diagnose the problem. It was a plugin that was causing it to crash. I run a SFX-100 equipped rig and the RF2 plugin for the motion software was causing the crash. I can now see and join my own server in WAN mode. Strangely I can no longer see it in LAN mode after deleting the LOG folder and removing the plugin.

But at least it works. Thanks again!

Mangoletsi likes this.