Can't get rid of Mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJStrack, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Today i tried to do a fresh installation of RF2 (since i hadn't time to play it for about 3 months now :mad: ).
    I uninstalled RF2, deleted the complete folders under "program-files" and "documents" and backed up the roaming-folder.
    Now every time i re install RF2 (build 240, lite installer), the mod-manager still shows many tracks and two cars (including ISI and non-ISI stuff).
    I can not uninstall those mods in the manager.
    The folders to which the mod-manager points me for those mods (c/prog/rf2/core/installed/...), are not existent.
    When i start RF2, i can choose those mods, it even starts to load them (progress bar moves until near the end) but then i get a CTD.

Is this a known bug? Is there any solution? help would be greatly appreciated!

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Well I can take a guess, check in 'Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)' is there an 'rFactor2' folder there?

3. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Wow, there is! Thanks for the quick answer!
    What kind of folder is that? and why does RF2 find it? Thats very strange.
    I'm gonna delete it now, hope that doesn't give me more problems :confused:

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Win Vista and above implemented UAC and when UAC is enabled you will not have access to write to the real Program Files folder without being prompted for permission. So when apps try to write to this folder it just redirects them to the VirtualStore folder instead.

There are several work arounds for this. One is to disable UAC (not easy on Win8). Another is to run rFactor1/2 as admin (easy fix) or right click on the rFactor2 folder under Program Files and then select the permissions tab and then give your user full access to the folder.

Or, even better, make sure your datapath in the rF2 launcher is set to the one in your documents folder. In the rF2 launcher just click the advanced tab and you will see the path at the bottom.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

It's there because you installed 'data and settings' into program files without having admin rights, it's expected Windows behaviour.