Can't delete content using new UI....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RAY LORD, Jan 17, 2021.

1. RAY LORD

RAY LORD Registered

I can’t seem to delete content with the new rF2 UI. When in the "content" screen, after the packages load, I see all the installed packages and other content. But the only button that seems to be active is the "refresh" button. The uninstall and delete buttons are greyed out. I go into my local game files via Steam and try to remove them from there as well. They seem to reload. I also have also tried to unsubscribe from content in my Steam workshop inventory area to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Would like to thin things out with cars and tracks I no longer use to speed up loading times. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Uninstalling content through the new UI works for some, but not others (but, you do need to remove any events that use that content first...).

It can be easier/clearer by using the ModMgr tool, you'll find it in Bin64 in your rFactor 2 folder.

Create a shortcut to it, then modify the Start in: path for that shortcut so it points to the rFactor 2 folder, like this:

upload_2021-1-17_12-27-7.png

You can then run the ModMgr, tick Components, and uninstall. It'll indicate if any mods (events) rely on that content, in which case you need to remove those events first.

As far as subscriptions, unsubscribing from standard workshop content should work fine (but it won't disappear if any events still rely on it, so you'll need to remove those too).

Any DLC you have will automatically resubscribe, you can't remove those.

Hope that helps.

3. RAY LORD

RAY LORD Registered

Thanks very much for that info. Will I've it a try.
    A little disconcerting to hear that the UI many not be working fully for some of us.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I thought this particular feature wasn't working at all, as I saw reports indicating that and I had the same myself. Then someone posted a screenshot where they could remove content there. Who knows :confused: :D

5. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I've been using the new UI since day one and never had this problem. But I can see that Ray was deleting files from inside Windows and that's something you just don't do, because the installed item is still registered and therefore it will cause problems. Workshop items should always be uninstalled by unsubscribing from the Workshop, if you uninstall inside rf2 the item doesn't unsubscribe from Workshop and will install again. As well any DLC can't be uninstalled.

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Supposedly only mods that were installed with new UI can be also uninstalled within it.
    Some people said that, haven't tested it.

It 's funny that one of the features of new UI is integrated package manager in the game but it doesn't work.
    So instead of making it easier it is even more troublesome than in old UI as users have to use ModMgr.

7. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I have never had any problems to uninstall mods within the new UI, even mods that were installed with the old UI. I never had to use ModMgr.

8. its_surridge_90

its_surridge_90 Registered

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having an issue with the mod manager,

I followed the steps described above and successfully uninstalled all of my unwanted content but as soon as I start the game up it automatically starts downloading everything again.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing? I have no interest in the older official content, only the premium content I've purchased from the store.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Check your subscriptions in the workshop and unsub the content that you don't want. Pay special atention to the series.

10. its_surridge_90

its_surridge_90 Registered

Yeah I realised just after I posted but couldn't find the thread because it was waiting approval, thanks for the reply though.

lagg likes this.