Can't alt+tab back to rF2 after a certain time

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DocJones, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I know I saw someone post about alt+tab issues here not too long ago, but I did a few searches and couldn't find it again. And since this is a really annoying issue, I decided to just open a (another?) thread.

The problem is: I can alt+tab between rF2 and other applications just fine most of the time. Whenever whatever I do in the other application takes a little longer however (haven't been able to time it), I can't alt+tab back to rF2 visually. What I mean with 'visually'? Well, moving my mouse around I hear all the clicks you get when hovering over buttons in the standart UI. I just can't get any visuals to reappear on the screen no matter what I try. Only thing I can do once it happens is to open task manager and kill the rF2 process. I tried windowed mode, but rF2 just doesn't run smoothly any more in windowed mode since a number of builds ago. I have the alt+tab issue with 660 and 770 (probably longer), 770 was a clean, fresh install. Same with 32 and 64bit.

As an admin who has to do things in between session (like do last minute support in forums for drivers with issues just before qualifying or reverse grids between races using RDP) this is the worst error imaginable - I missed qualifying like that recently because of a closed session. :mad:

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well I admin few servers too and there is no need to use alt+tab, just configure multiple desktop on your windows 7 computer like Linux have.

Download this from Microsoft Technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881.

Extract files to new folder and run Desktops.exe, hot keys are alt+1,2,3,4 to desktop 1,2,3,4.

Regards, Bil Gates ;)