Can we start getting online outage notifications?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smithaz, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I know online mode on rfactor2 has been down a bit recently(i think its currently not working now).
    It would be nice if ISI could start giving us some sort of warning/notification of possible/probable outages.
    Also an unrelated question, is there any planned period between now and release in which the beta will stop working entirely? Or will the beta keep working all the way until release?

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

+1
    but probably it will not happen

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It'll keep working until release. If there was a number of days we needed to take it down though, we'd let you know.

The smaller downtime, or what is expected to be small downtime, I don't know if they'll notify. I have asked. The plan is to have two servers running, if one goes down, your client would automatically look for the second and use it. During the testing period I think it's unfortunately just something we'll have to live with, as there's just one server. I always make sure to monitor the forum when I can, and I always email them when someone here says the server is down (after confirming it myself), but they usually already know about it.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.