Can we get to know the people behind rfactor 2 more please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Feb 16, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Just a general shout out for information about the guys behind rfactor 2.

We've seen the interviews for the track guys (you guys do an excellent job!) but what about the physics team members, graphics team member, etc (sorry if i forgot someone or group).

I'm most intrigued by the whoever created the physics for rfactor 2 and their history (e.g. educational background, previous works, etc). It quite literally blows my mind the level of fidelity in the physics and the feel at the wheel for a commercial race simulator. I think most publishers would have ordered the development team (if they had created an rf2 equivalent) to put the title and all material pertaining to it in lockdown long ago and have them work on producing a series of lesser products for the next 20 years to increase profitability. What i'm trying to say is, where is the limit once you've breached the skies?

Lastly, i'm not sure how dissimilar rf1 and rf pro were (I believe the key difference, if not only difference, was access to the source code for modability/expansion do they could plug in their own models?) but are there any plans for an rf2 pro style prodect for professional race teams (or is rf2 for both?) and if so, what differences are there between the commercial and pro variants?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'd rather we get the Q&A before any personal life intrusion from the physics team!

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

rF2 is developed by team of people who share a massive portion of love for racing, that is why there is always something to improve and upgrade (therefore no reaching the skies)
    That is also why ISI does not go after the pure profit like many other companies do, especially publishers (you would not believe how bad it is with publishers, its a lot worse than you would ever imagine) ISI only needs money so they can continue in what they already are doing, and if they had more money, they would hire more staff so they can continue in what they are doing, only faster (which i would love to see, but "money" is always the question it comes down to at the end of the day.

So ISI is in a good position in terms of beign independent and capable of funding it self, but that comes with a price of being low on staff, now with ISI funding Scott Julianos Rogue System, they made a massive step to spread their wings with investing their money into a project

4. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Have you got a source for this info? Lol

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I only read forum, that is it

6. David Wright

David Wright Registered

Many publishers are or have been in serious financial trouble. Atari and EA have made huge losses. The rule of thumb is only 20% of released games make significant profits.

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I cant speak of every publisher, only the one i had a very seriours experience with, and that particular one did not believe that a certain game will be popular, so they gave developers almost no money, half of the development went for free and when the game got released it was selling so well that they made millions of euros gross profit on it, only the dev team was no longer willing to work any further with them, so the game died. So this 20% of profitable games (if true or correct), based on my personal experience, is massively caused by this publishers aproach

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

+1. Wasnt that due around x-mas?

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Would be cool if the physics team got a Twitter account just like the track team so they could tweet bits of info here and there for us followers.