Can someone explain this for me?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by xracer, Sep 23, 2021.

1. xracer

xracer Registered

Hi,
    This is for someone who knows abit about networking and also more than me :)
    This is the situation:

- Dedicated Server is running on game PC

Game shows up in serverlist and when i connect and get into the game, things seems to work. But either it does not work or no one wants to join :) So my question is, does the below show that im connecting from outside (ext IP) or from inside my Network? If outside, it should be ok, and if not, i've gotten nowhere to test my server. Also what does the 47% up datarate mean? Does it mean that i've used up 47% of available bandwith only by connecting myself? Can anyone help me with this?

rf22_.jpg rf2_.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  2. pace_car

pace_car Registered

think it is a percentage of what you have set on the rf2 dedicated server itself.
    (see screen below)
    upload_2021-9-24_0-42-12.png

also if you want/need ... you can limit the data per user (client) in the multiplayer.json file
    (so all user have a maximum )
    you can do this by changing this value "9999" below multiplayer.json with a text editor and save the file once done.
    (do this when the server is not running)

example
    "Max Data Per Client":512,
    "Max Data Per Client#":"if desired, a per-client upload limit (in kbps) will be used if lower than the computed throttle rate",

xracer likes this.
  3. xracer

xracer Registered

Thanks, yes i thought so about the data rate...so i should set this value alot higher or change per client to not run into problems? So now its the other question which is actually more important. Am i simulating this correcly above regarding if clients are free and able to connect?