Can see server, cannot join, button greyed out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RealGT, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Goanna

Goanna Registered

On your server, go to the ...\server address\steamapps folder and you will see a file called appmanifest_400300.acf, open it with your favourite text editor and look at line 12...the buildid should be;
    upload_2021-2-22_9-39-40.png

If it's not then run the code below(change the "../SteamrF2-Current" bit to your server's root folder)
    Code:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../SteamrF2-Current +app_update 400300 validate +quit

RealGT likes this.
  2. RealGT

RealGT Registered

Hmmmm when I change my ../SteamrF2-current to rfactor2-dedicated which is the directory the server is located in it says "steamcmd" is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Goanna, if I change autoUpdateBehavior from 0 to 1, will it keep this from happening every time there is an update?

EDIT: Update, I ran your text inside steamcmd directory and changed the "update" from 0 to 1 and it ran and updated. Lets see if I can start the client while the server is running. LOL this forum is amazing.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Where are you seeing this autoUpdateBehavior bit?... I don't recall seeing that anywhere, but then again I do wear glasses :)

4. RealGT

RealGT Registered

Haha you and me both. I saw it in here appmanifest_400300.acf

But now I'm starting the server, which starts. Then when I run the client I get this error.

Attached Files:

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I've never changed that in the acf file, I think the acf file is a steam generated one as opposed to a steam "read" one.
    On your server machine run the 4 exe files in the ..../tools/runtimes folder.

RealGT likes this.
  6. RealGT

RealGT Registered

I changed it back but still getting the error below or a out of memory error. SMH, how can an update throw a monkey wrench in the works. This was working for two weeks. It seems every time I make progress something out of my control breaks. The error below is the one that keeps popping up now when I launch the client rf2 after launching the server. I tried launching the server first but it never sees the server now.

Attached Files:

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Try starting the client first and then the server.

RealGT likes this.
  8. RealGT

RealGT Registered

Tried my friend, just gives the error or crashes or just doesn't see the server..

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

That error message you showed a couple of posts up is a server error....ie it’s running from the server’s bin64 folder....how are you starting your client, shortcut or from the Play button in steam?

RealGT likes this.
  10. RealGT

RealGT Registered

I'm using the client shortcut you helped me setup a couple of weeks ago. It was working until I ran the update. So I'm no longer getting the server mismatch error but now I'm getting this error. I made a desktop shortcut when we set it up called "rf2 client for server"

I usually run it after I had already launched the server. Not sure what to do. Going to create a new server in mas and see what happens.

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Right click on the client shortcut and make sure it’s still pointing at your client install...ie along the lines of steam/steamapps/common/rfactor 2 etc

RealGT likes this.
  12. RealGT

RealGT Registered

Yup, still pointing there. Just created a new mas, ran the dedicated, started the client and got the error again. crazy.
    Have to get to bed, I'll pick up tomorrow after work. Thanks Goanna, I'll keep trying and message you later.

I wish there was a way to document the proper way to do this and then assign all to a script to set stuff up just in case stuff gets hosed.

Goanna likes this.
  13. RealGT

RealGT Registered

Mangoletsi, I have WebUI port 5397 in my player json on the dedicated server player file. Should it be something else? I'm still learning, I learned a lot from Goanna and my ot he friends here. But rFactor 2 is a beast LOL

The weird thing is sometimes I get the R6025 error and sometimes I get an out of memory error. Confused.

Thanks

14. RealGT

RealGT Registered

No more errors Goanna and Mangoletsi, turns out it was the WebUI you mentioned. Somehow both the server and the client had the same number. Weird as I know we changed that. So now I know when I get that error the WebUI number is the same.

Now when I launch the client it launches fine but can't see the server. I remember we spoke about this over the phone but I didn't write it down. Why wouldn't my client on the same PC be able to see the dedicated server? Thanks again!