Can not join a S397 Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael K., Mar 14, 2022.

1. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

Hello.
    After a longer while of being busy with other things, i thought it could be a good idea to drive some laps on the S397 Nordschleife GT3 server.
    In the list it appears as a Server without a password and i guess i own all GT3 cars.
    So i tried to join the server and got the below message
    error_server.jpg
    I think that this has been reported a lot of times already, but it seems as if nobody from S397 cares for it.
    This error message is completely useless and honestly, if i would be a "normal" user that wants to race a few laps online on an official server and would get such a message, i probably would never again try it.
    Is it really so hard to program a more detailed message?
    And the server info is poor too.
    Only the used track gets displayed, but no car?
    So how can a user know which content may be missing?
    And when i search the web for "s397 official server", to check which content it uses, i get no useful result.
    In my case it was a 3rd party update of a gt3 car, that caused the problem, no missing content.
    But if you are a "normal" user, you would not start to search, where you even don't know where to start with the search at all.
    And i'm no programmer, but..... if the 3rd party update is the problem, it obviously was detected by the game, because you get the above error message.
    But when it gets detected, why can't the error message be something like "the component(s) xyz has/have an unofficial update installed, that prevents the download of the server mod"?
    Maybe such simple things are one of the reasons, why there are so few rfactor 2 online racers?
    Maybe it's worth to think about it @Marcel Offermans

avenger82 likes this.
  2. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

From davehenrie, log file can tell you what is the problem;
    Perhaps a trace log would be more helpful. follow these instructions, then load rF2 and drive until it crashes again. Try to take note of how long it takes to crash. Then after the crash go to your log folder and collect the trace file from that session.
    from Atomed's post:
    You can activate the trace mode and then share that trace to see if anybody can help you.
    In the Steam library hit rF2 properties and on launch parameters add this:
    +trace=2
    Then go to rfactor UserData/Log folder, there you have the trace file created for you to check.(after you have loaded rF2 completely and driven it. For best results, try and drive til It crashes)

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/big-problem-rf2-crash.71110/#post-1092014

Michael K. likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you go to the Competition System screens, those should mimic the current S397 servers. So if you click on the Comp System series that matches the server you were attempting to join, the Comp System has a button to check if you have the necessary content and will navigate to the locations needed to acquire the proper content. You do not have to sign up for that series, but it will tell you what is needed.

Michael K. likes this.
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Michael K. This is the content required to join S397's Nords server;
    upload_2022-3-14_15-50-19.png

Michael K. likes this.
  5. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

Thank you all for replying. :)
    Next time i will check, if something helpful gets written into the trace file.

If i check the competition tab, there are only the 4 competition servers visible, but not the nordschleife server, so i can not check what content is needed for it.
    Or do i miss it somehow?

That would help to find out which component causes the problem.
    Unfortunately i didn't check it, because i thought that the rfmod wasn't downloaded already.
    I was misleaded by the error message.
    Next time i will check that. :)

But my Opinion is still the same.
    A more detailed error message would be the best, to keep people using the online servers, don't you think?

6. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

I have a similar problem, someone can help me?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's really not a similar problem, though it is at least an error message. Thanks for including a trace file though:

353.81s JNIModMgr.cp 1398: Error trying to install 220207_cs_ros: missing virtual cmp BMW_M4_GT3_2020 v1.031rots; , File: D:\Juegos\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\2746308222\220207_cs_ros_v1.1.rfmod

That's what you want to unsubscribe from.

GeraArg likes this.
  8. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!