Can I transfer my "Lifetime" rF2 to another email account ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnW63, Feb 19, 2018.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I purchased Rf2 when you had the choice of Lifetime vs yearly, but when everything went to Steam, I simply attached it to my kids Steam account, because I though it was just a registration thing, not a "This is the only account that can use it" thing. So, now, I have to kick my kid off of Steam to run the sim. Is there any way to move my subscription to a different e-mail so I can use a new Steam account from now on ?

If not, is the current offered version a one time purchase from Steam ? No yearly fee ? It will suck to have to buy it a second time, but my kid a LOTS more content in the Library and repurchasing all of that would be a lot more than the $89 I paid for rF2.

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Guimengo likes this.
  3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

That doesn't work , if he wants to use the same Steam Library at the same time.

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Im sure you'll have to contact steam about swapping the email.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Dunno about the moving rF2 to another account, I doubt it though.. only downside to using family sharing would be if you purchased paid content ie GT3 pack, because they are sold as items as opposed to dlc and only the owning account (the kids account) would be able to use the GT3 pack.

Pity you didn't post a couple of days ago, rF2 was on sale for half price....next sale would probably be the summer sale in June...dunno do if they do Easter sales? Anyway a re-purchase is a one off thing....no more yearly subs.

6. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

There is no "contact steam". I've tried. All you can do is get responses from the "community" and they can be real uniformed , annoying, < insert favorite derogatory remark here> people.

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you able to trade the game from one account to another? I don't know anything about steam or trades, just found some trade stuff in the support section and it doesn't immediately appear to rule it out...

*Ah, nevermind. Found another bit which does rule it out :confused:

9. Depco

Depco Registered

I attempted this very thing about a year ago. I gave my steam account to my son and had a few games I wanted to trade to my new steam account. I was advised at the time that I could not move any games to my new account. I have heard that Steam games can now be traded, but I dont know if this applies to rF2 or not.