SOLVED Can´t select DLC GT3 cars on my dedicated server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Clemenca, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Hi,
    on tuesday i updated my dedicated server to version 1.1109, made the keyexchange to use the DLC GT3 cars an everything works perfect. On wednesday i had some nice GT3 session with friends on the server. You will find the server under the name Team DC5 S397 GT3 Racing.
    Yesterday i wanted to drive again with friends and now my problem starts. When i join the server, i cant select any car in the menue, i dont see any car in the menue, my friends can select all DLC GT3 cars and join the server. After this i tried an other mod with the ER_ESrF2-v150 cars and i had no problems with the car selction menue, see all the cars, selected one and joind the server. After this i switched back the dedicated server to the mod with the DLC GT3´s and again i can´t select any car, the menuelist is empty. The only thing changed from wednesday to thursday was the small update Build ID : 2210405.
    The dedicated server stands at a friends company with a very fast inet connection.
    Any idee what is wrong here now ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If I understood correctly you and your friends were able to use the server on Tuesday and with no changes on your side you can't now and your friends have no problem.

If so, I would suggest to uninstall full GT3 pack in the launcher and let steam workshop to redo the installing work.

You will need to restart rF2 launcher after uninstalling the pack.

3. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Yes thats correct, no changes made, only the small update form wednesday, since that i cant join and my friends still can...

I will try this an report immediately

SPASKIS likes this.
  4. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

It worked, i unistalled the 5 GT3´s via launcher, unsubscribed all 5 cars, closed Steam, opened Steam again, subscribed all 5 cars, downloaded it, opened launcher and the cars got installed, joined my dedicated server and traraaa now i can select the cars again.

It would be interesting what went wrong with the packages and the install from wednesday to thursday...

Thx for the support !

SPASKIS likes this.
  5. nando79

nando79 Registered

question. What version of the vehicule you select to create de mod? i have fox example the ver 1.0 and 1.01 with the same name, and i cant create the mod becase the duplicated name. Any sugestion?

6. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

take always the last version of the dlc cars

7. nando79

nando79 Registered

I do, but when i tried to launch the server, no vehicule can be selected, if i select the 1.0 version, cant create the mod because theres no team for selection.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Does your server have both 1.00 and 1.01 versions installed? Can you test the vmod offline to see if you can select the cars in your PC?

9. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

I have both installed

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I ask again
    Can you test the vmod offline to see if you can select the cars in your PC?

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Go to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32, open ModMgr.exe. Select one of GT3 cars and you can see that text is highlighted with bold, click update, do this with all S397 GT3 cars. Then create vmod with latest version number and you are fine. Remember also to have all content in your packages folder :)

12. nando79

nando79 Registered

The ModMgr is empty, i only see the mods in the package list in the launcher.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You must point Working Dir to rFactor 2 root folder and Packages Dir to Packages folder.

14. nando79

nando79 Registered

ok, but i download automatically the content via steam, there is nothing in the package directory. how do yo do the installation of a dedicated server?

15. nando79

nando79 Registered

now i set the directorys and thats is what appear

Attached Files: