Camera Position

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ferrino, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ferrino

Ferrino Registered

To what extent can the camera/seat position (i.e. when driving, not in replays) be adjusted in rF2?

For example, in the following RedBull Simulator video, the camera is placed somewhere just behind the front suspension (a position that would not be possible in iRacing, for example):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pku_fGBwFp0

The great thing about this is that the virtual viewpoint matches the real viewpoint relative to the driver, and it eliminates the sense of "detachment" when the virtual view is actually a few feet in front of the real view (i.e. the feeling of driving a remote-control car).

I understand the motivation to prohibit such forward views (bonnet-cams etc.), but I was just wondering if it will be possible to try out?

2. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

If its like in rf1, then you can move the cam wherever you want (free cam mode).

What would be helpful though, would be the ability to save the (vehicle) cam once moved to a certain position,
    like it can be done in RBR with the camhack tool.

That really would be something :)

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@Ferrino
    You can move cam to wherever point you want. Here I moved it towards passenger side, but it's still the cockpit cam (notice green rpm bar is active all the time):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ppLsb5XIc

4. Ferrino

Ferrino Registered

How timely, an image of exactly what I was describing, from SimHQ's interview with Gjon:

[​IMG]

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Yeah just see the VIEW tutorial in my signature. Should answer most of your questions.