Camera custom postioning

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by saloei, Jan 15, 2012.

1. saloei

saloei Registered

Anyone know how to edit the camera files? I want to enjoy this game but I can't. I edited the camera positions on rfactor to my liking and want to do the same with this game. rfactor is known for Customize Control Connect. I hope the "Customize" aspect of rFactor isn't lost in rfactor2.

2. saloei

saloei Registered

Can someone help with this?! I'm not enjoying the game. "Customize - Control -Connect" ISI, Remember? how can I make these changes?

3. Nils

Nils Registered

+1

4. greyfox485

greyfox485 Registered

I would also like to know if this is/will be possible.

And not to bring up a competitor, but maybe we can get something like in pCARS, where you can adjust the driving camera position in game for all of the different views(in car/hood/bumper ect.). Having to edit files would be fine to, but it was always a pain trying to get the camera just where I wanted it.

5. saloei

saloei Registered

found this file rfactor2\modDev\vehicles\default.cam
    take a look inside. this could be the one!

6. Nils

Nils Registered

yes, maybe it´s possible in dev mode, but I´d like to see the old functionality in singleplayer and multiplayer.

7. saloei

saloei Registered

what I did was open up the default.cam file in the original rfactor folder and saved it into the location of rfactor2\modDev\vehicles folder overwriting the file and it worked!

8. CUZ11N

CUZ11N Registered

not happy about this too,,,, i want to tilt the seat position back, so the road look me flat threw the widscreen

9. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

You can adjust the cams in the overall game from the Settings menu. When you go to the Control section area there are sections for what to assign. One of these is Cameras and you can assign controls to move and tilt the cams. Is this what you are looking for?

The cam files will probably be encrypted in the mod mas files and will have to be extracted if you want to edit it.