Camaro - no wet tires

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mee, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Mee

Mee Registered

We just noticed in our league that the wet tires (P2 - Rain) you can select for the Camaro (1.49) aren't really wet tires. If you select them in the garage, you can see in-game that there is no tread on the tires, they are as slick as can be. Driving them in the rain, they are simply rubbish and generate as much (or as few) G's as the slicks.
    I thought: ok, there's an error in the mod. But I can't find it and it's driving me up the wall.
    I compared it to the Corvette C6R (1.49), which does have rain tires with a profile.
    The C6R uses for the wets these files: Michelin 30-65-18 P2H 2009.tgm for the fronts, Michelin 31-71-18 P2H 2009.tgm for the rears.
    The Camaro uses the following file: Michelin 31-71-18 P2G 2012.tgm for the fronts AND the rears.
    (these tgm-files can also be found in ISI's tire examples: http://downloads.imagespaceinc.com/rf2/modsresources/rf2tires-0.7.zip)

All is well at this this point, you'd think: "ok, they just use different tires". But if you compare the "Michelin 31-71-18 P2H 2009" ('Vette) with the "Michelin 31-71-18 P2G 2012" (Camaro), there's only 2 small (realtime) changes between them! The construction and lookup table are completely the same. So why aren't the wets on the Camaro working? Anybody has got an explanation?

tl;dr: why are the wets on the Camaro not working?