Call me an rf2 fanboy if you want,

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by green serpent, Nov 19, 2017.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

but I just took the Gt3 radical for a long drive around Toban where I really pushed it's limits, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite sim car to date. All this arguing about ISI vs Studio 397 etc, but I honestly think the mod is probably the best out there, on any sim ;)

Big call? Possibly. Maybe I have just gotten better at rf2, so I can appreciate things more now (or maybe I'm just a deluded fanboy!)

The A.I was also great to race against... again I'm unsure if the change is in the sim or myself. Up until now I've thought the the AI was kind of average in rf2 (and all sims really), but after spending at least 1/2 an hour dialing in the A.I strength %, I was having an epic battle with the ai. Agression was on 100%, and i felt like they where pushing very hard to pass me, but not so hard that they'd wreck me. I think it is a case of understaning the game more, and using the game more like a tool than a game. Hard to explain, but those who have been on the sim for a while know how to tweak the settings and make the sim work well for them. I guess 100% aggression works for me for that particular combo.

Anyway... this is in the wish list section so I guess I need to make a wish! It's not going to be better physics or better AI or a better tyre model or even realistic clutch... I wish more people played online, and as a community we talked about how we can become better as drivers and racers (i.e driving technique, race craft etc ), and not just split hairs over physics stuff, (Sure I love the physics stuff... but I want to actually race more, and then talk about the actual racing!)

Figures crossed that the new U.I and multi-player thing will bring in more players online, and that the racing will be of a fairly good quality, for drivers of all skill levels.

Ideally I'd like to be able to jump on rf2 and there be servers to race on with 1st party content and not some random stuff I need to download first. (Not that mods are bad but there is only so much effort I'm willing to put in!)

Although some in the community think rf2 is basically dead in the water, I strongly disagree and really hope rf2 can continue to gain popularity with each improvement, and we can get a solid multiplayer mode with more people racing online.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Filip, bwana, SPASKIS and 3 others like this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

nice post mate and although I started the isi vs s397 thread, I did no way mean it for a base to argue, hell no!! just to debate.

but yes the Ai in rf2 is still the class leader, they just need to fix the Ai braking in slipstreams age old issue with gmotor sims, but almost fixed in automobilsta.

but I did a race with the usf at Bathurst, and I was getting overtaken in corners I would never of thought of! I was just doing race after race for about and hour and a half. Who needs glitzy careers eh? I just think we need urgently some more tracks in rf plus a few more singleseries cars. Some of course are coming.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    green serpent likes this.
  3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Agreed, make your own career mode if you want :) Some people think sims need a driving school... I think all of rf2 (including the community) is one big driving school. Edit: (although an actual driving school with cones etc would be awesome!)

bohemis09 and LokiD like this.
  4. rer8

rer8 Registered

green serpent likes this.