Cadillac Hypercar upgrade has no effect on the AI

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Goncalo Costa, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Goncalo Costa

Goncalo Costa Registered

When the Hypercar upgrade is forced in the custumise page for the Cadillac the AI still fights with the LMP2 laptimes while the player is quite a bit faster.

J7166 likes this.
  2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It worked for me but not without a few buttons to press.
    1) For each car set the "Class" to Hypercar in the showroom (not sure this is required but I did it anyway)
    2) On the car you select, in the Showroom select "Force Upgrades)
    3) In the Session Settings "Hypercar" is the only one selected; add DPi
    Go race. All the Caddy's show up with 7 speeds etc along with the GTR's.

I've been running Daytona at 100% AI and the cars have pretty equal lap times in the 1:36 range. With some tuning I can lap pretty consistently in the low 1:35's but have to keep a very sensitive right foot to keep from overheating tires.

The GTR has higher top end but not as much speed through the turns which makes for some interesting passing strategies.

It also enables using the RSS Mod for DPi. I also ran a session with Hypercars, DPi, LMP2 and LMP3 just see how well it worked - no problems with 5 of each class on track.

3. J7166

J7166 Registered

In addition to the original post, if the AI are driving the DPi is slower than the Oreca LMP2 in most cases (not LeMans). My understanding is the Dpi is based on the 2020 car, which means it should be a few seconds quicker per lap than the LMP2...and it's not.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The IMSA LMP2 has had it's HP cut to separate it from the DPi field. In 2018 the DPi & LMP2 cars were very nearly equal with the JDC-Miller squad winning a couple of races near the end of the season. In 2019 - 2020 the DPi's scoot away very quickly from the LMP2. So if we want to simulate a 2020 field, we'll have to find a way to BOP only the IMSA LMP2 cars.

J7166 likes this.
  5. J7166

J7166 Registered

Exactly. Seems like it might be a lot of work but maybe add a IMSA or "American" spec to the endurance cars, because as they are currently you can't successfully run an IMSA style race.

Or since they added the C8 and DPi which only really run in IMSA maybe it makes sense to balance all the classes according to IMSA.
    They model each of these classes of different series and its kind of a mess when you use them all together.
    GT3s are faster than GTEs, LMP3s are about equal to GT3 and the DPi is around the same pace as an Oreca. As I stated the balance is a mess right now.