Bump Specular Map T1 transparency issue.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Mike Cantwell, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi guys,

Having an issue with stripes on the track. With a T1, no issue, but as soon as I run the shader and use Src Alpha / Inv Src Alph, the lines disappear. Can not figure out what I am doing.

Copied the images from Mores and the SkidPad V03 track, using the identical setup, export etc etc...the line load but are invisible. Put it back to default settings ( One / Zero ) and there they are.

Thanks for any help...Mike :)

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

TRANSITIONS_1.DDS (and corresponding spec- & bump maps)..?

First I would check that didn't forget to uncheck chroma from diffuse/albedo map stage. Both alpha blending and chroma transparency cannot be on same time...

upload_2017-2-1_18-26-48.png

Second I would check if paint mesh is above racesurface. Few millimeters should be fine.

Third I would check that paint mesh is tagged with "decal" before exporting.

upload_2017-2-1_18-23-58.png

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

and check vertex alpha color in your moddeling program.

4. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Thanks for that. Did not think of vertex colours....I will try again and see. :)

5. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Nup, still won't work. Must be an issue with the polys. I can create a new plane, and it works perfectly. When i use the existing road mesh and copy, create the lines it will not work.

Going back to using older shader for the time being. Spent 8 hours on this issue already....a little over it...

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Quick fix:

- create spline (for paint) from road mesh and raise it 2 mm
    - loft 30 cm wide paint mesh, apply material on it and convert to editable poly
    - using same track edge spline (which used for lofting), spline map paint stripe albedo texture on it
    - for BumpSpecMapT1 shader's ch2 mapping (if using same spec and bump maps as road mesh), apply uniform mapping coords on it and scale it to match road mesh spec map coords
    - export with "decal" option ticked, collision and HAT unticked, edit scn file, load track in viewer and check end result

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Mike Cantwell and Drathuu like this.
  7. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Or try attaching the line mesh to the working plane and see if that works. If it does just detach or delete the plane.

8. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Yay! Had success. Turns out that my mesh was at fault. Exported from an early back up file and imported, applied the textures and bugger me if it works....

Now I can progress. Thanks for the help and time taken to answer.

20170203122450_1.jpg wip27.jpg wip28.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017