Build 982 Knockout Qualifying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lazza, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Guys,
    i gave KnockoutQualifying yesterday a first try. Everything went fine, except after the third (and last) round. All Cars appears into the grid, but some with strange gfx fails:

View attachment 17393

I never had those issues before. I doesn`t changes anything with my GFX Settings (config.ini), nor installed annother GFX Driver, nor changed GFX Ingame Settings. Race restart doesn`t fixed it. I had to restart rf2.

Any ideas how this could happened?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's hard to imagine how the knockout qualifying could be involved in a graphical issue.

I'm actually right now planning a Qual-Race config plugin to cater to my own league needs and some other likely requests as well, so when I get to testing I'll let you know if I have anything weird happen :)

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, same to me. I was just wondering, because it`s doesn`t happened before...waiting for your plugin test results :D

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

@JeDa Shouldn't there only be 26 cars on the grid if you set it up from the race setup. Number of opponents, practise 33, Qualifying use the plugin, *race 26?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The number of AI is shared between the different sessions. If you change one the others change.

JeDa, I'm looking to cater for both the larger qualifying field (keeping cars out of the race) and multiple qualifying sessions all counting towards the final times, in a plugin. Just working out the details on how to set it up, then should have a test version up and running quite quickly. Assuming the game reacts as planned I'll release it and let you know.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

That would be pure awesomeness. I like to have AI races with the F1 '92 mod alot, and to have a proper Q1/Q2 would be the bees knees.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm... i get different amount of drivers in the next Q Session, as i filled in into the KnockoutQualifying. For example: 3 Sessions, from Session Q3/1 should be count 15 to Q3/2 and i get 12...

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think this was explained on the first page. The numbers you give are used as percentages (fractions, actually) so if you start with a different number of cars you'll get different results.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

OK, thanks.

10. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

I see another "problem" with this plugin. I want to set Q2 with 3 laps only, but Q1 with unlimited laps... Unfortunately, I think that is not possible. (Maybe I am wrong, I don't have too much time to find all parameters and things... but I think I'm not wrong).

11. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Great news! Really apreciate this! Many thanks! Cant wait to test it!

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, the facility is there to set the laps but this plugin isn't using it. All its parameters are there in the custompluginvariables.JSON so you haven't missed anything. It really is purely a knockout qualifying plugin, doesn't offer many other controls.

13. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Hi lazza,
    Any news on the plugin? Is there anything i can do to help you?
    Thanks again!

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry mate... was third on a list and barely got through the first with a flu halting my progress... got the settings mostly worked out, which might be the hardest part, I'm planning to use the same plugin for league races starting in a couple of weeks so I won't be forgetting :)

15. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Get Well Soon and take your time. I can wait

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

16. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

That looks more like an overheating memory issue.
    Was it hot in your room while racing?
    More cars add more cpu-load which results in higher system-temps.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Big Tower with 3 x 120mm fans, sys temp is allways below 50°, room temp was between 25° and 30° (these days...)

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Ah, sorry just seen the other issues on that screen. On my first view i ve just seen the large brown triangles which look like overheated gpu memory.
    Could be a lod issue.
    Are you able to reproduce this?

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

With the new Qualifying Plug-in/Rules thing, could a Top Ten Shoot-out be possible?

- First a Standard Qualifying Session
    - Top Ten go through to the next "Round"
    - Each Car takes it in turn to do One Flying lap

Mainly querying if it can be done for the AI as well as a Server for Humans!
    thanks

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can't say for sure, because I still haven't got around to testing how this stuff works in practice :rolleyes: but plugins can set which drivers are able to take part in the current session; the question is whether that will take effect at any time in the session so you can allow a player/AI onto the track after a delay, then lock them in the pits afterwards (although obviously if the session has a 3/4 lap limit that will take care of itself). Timing of that and handling of special situations (AI not responding, cars crashing or timing out) would take some care but seems feasible.