Build 946 Get Missing Component does not work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by WhiteShadow, Apr 4, 2015.

1. SpatialDragon

SpatialDragon Registered

End of messages.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The only bug I can find is when you go Back from selecting the Data installation folder, it appears to change the core installation path to the same.

Manually browsing to a folder in Program Files x86 for the core path didn't stop the installer suggesting the User\Documents folder for the data install, so I can't see any problems there. That's using the Lite installer.

Browsing to a non-program files folder makes it suggest the same folder for the data, which is my usual install process.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Please tell me: why do you think that you are running your PC in admin-mode?
    Because it is shown when you look at your account?

If yes and you didn't change the UAC settings, let me tell you that you don't run it in admin-mode.
    The only possibility to get close to an admin-mode is to lower the UAC to the lowest level.

And that you don't have done for sure, because if you would have done it, you wouldn't have had the problem!

I agree to you that it is not the best solution how rF2 installation works now. But there are many other and above all, more kind ways, to report it in a forum.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I'm curious, how would you suggest the installer work?

5. redapg

redapg Registered

(Un)fortunately i can not give an exact answer, because the first thing what i do when i make a fresh windows installation, is to set the UAC to the lowest level. So i never run into problems like they are mentioned here.

But is seems that the "normal" PC user can run into it easily.
    So i would suggest something like to give a helpful information, which has to be confirmed in the installer or to leave off the option to set a different data path.
    Maybe it would also help to let the installer run "with adminrights" automatically, i think that should be programable.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I was one of those users who always disabled UAC too. But this isn't practical in Win8 anymore. To fully disable UAC in Win8 you have to make a registry change and once it's disable you break all apps from the app store. It would be possible to have the installer escalate the privileges but it's the game itself that needs admin rights. A warning like you said would probably be a good idea. But this warning would need to be in a dialog box, otherwise people would blow right through without even reading.

In rF1 people were constantly running into UAC problems. Now that ISI does this dual path install it's fairly rare that someone posts questions regarding UAC. More people understand UAC these days which probably helps too. I guess my point is, it probably isn't even worth changing for the small percentage of users who run into this.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Get missing component downloads all components but game does not instal all of them, when you open mod manager components are downloaded but not installed.
    Does anybody else have this issue?

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Working fine here.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Dedicated with one or two tracks works fine, four tracks (ISR dedicated) or more get missing component fails often (90%), try ISR dedicated and download four tracks or more.:confused:
    This bug is not new, I can see there is some threads about this from 2014.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

We have 19 components in our vmod and they all download fine. Which server ISR server should I try to join?

Edit: I just joined "~IsR~BMW Touring" with no problem. It downloaded 9 components that I didn't have.
    Edit2: Now I am joining "~IsR~Hotlap". It needs to download 9 components that I am missing.
    Edit3: Success... Should I try all of them? I just checked my packages folder. Joining those two servers ended up downloading 2.8GB worth of components.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I uninstalled and deleted all "~IsR~Hotlap" components and joined "~IsR~Hotlap" dedicated, game downloaded all components but it didn't instal Nordschleife2, I found out that it is always last downloaded component which fails to instal, I get error message about component URL validity.

Any idea ?

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No clue. They all downloaded and installed fine for me. Even the last one which was also Nords for me.

13. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered