build: 910, missing car parts in replay bug, car get stuck in tirewall

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mtbboy, Feb 8, 2015.

1. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

View attachment 15682 View attachment 15684 other players skins are infects other skins i see this both in the replay and in the multiplayer races,as you can see the norwegian flags is from my side windows and pink parts are fro ma other car body skin
    View attachment 15683 my honda civic ngt skin infects the apex amg gt3
    View attachment 15685 car get stuck in tirewall
    . View attachment 15686 mirrors not showing everything and removing the parts further away. this is very bad for multiplayer races when you need every car and trees adn al lthat to show up. or accidents could happend.
    basicly onyl stuff clsoe to me shows up every thign else is further away is removed fro mthe mirrors while i drive.

car parts suddenly get invisible in replay, soem tiems the car is see-through View attachment 15687

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Mirror thing: Track dependant. I wonder too why ISI and modders don´t crank the value up....

Car part invisible: Known issue, car dependent. LOD for the Civic is still not fixed (after years) :mad:

3. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Deleted. No need to stir the pot over frustrations

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The installer doesn't delete files so this makes no sense. Perhaps your ModMgr or core is no longer pointing to the correct DataPath? Run the launcher and then click the gear on the left. Check to be sure it has the correct path set for "Data Path". The ModMgr should have this same path set for the "Working Dir". I suspect nothing was deleted/wiped out. It's just looking in the wrong place.

But really this is offtopic and probably deserves it's own thread.

5. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Thanks for your helpful efforts as you can imagine this happening to me is pretty upsetting. The mods were showing in the manager but no longer installed. Anyway it's not worth it to me anymore as I really don't play the game anyway but the newer builds were said to bring some promise. Too bad however I prefer to strive for a hassle free lifestyle as much as possible. I'm over 50 now

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If they show in modmgr then my guess is modmgr is pointed to your correct Packages folder but not the right DataPath. Simple fix but if you're done then why bother right?

7. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

ISI needs to get over the thought that Steam is the Devil and make the move ASAP! I rarely have a problem with anything there!

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

err its not ISI that holds that belief, its some of their geriatric 'supporters'.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

ISI never said Steam is the devil. In fact rF1 is moving to Steam. Not sure where you got your information. Steam or not, an open platform will still need flexibly out side of the framework and with that requires some basic knowledge of file systems and pathing.

10. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Where's it at? Is Reiza a more competent development team as they have already moved one title to that platform with no problems. What's the wait Cold Feet. Understandable for Michiganders!

Also if these pathing issues occur it's not the fault of the user(customer) it is the fault of the development team for not creating trouble free updates!

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It has nothing to do with competence and there is no cold feet, the process has started. You don't just wake up one morning and say, hey I think I am going to copy and paste my game over to Steam. You have to go through the whole green light process and all that. But if you had some competence then you would already know that. Understandable for a troller!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329960337

BTW, Reiza is using rFactor1. They aren't necessarily a "dev team".

12. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Well Reiza added 2 games to Steam in two weeks and would have had a more difficult time getting okayed then ISI would have due to how established the development team is. ISI is the only one not on Steam. Just shows how sluggish they are about doing anything. Stuck in the Stone Ages.

Reiza is very much a dev team that has made vast improvements over ISI's creation just because they use ISI's tech does not mean they are not a developer that makes better games to boot. I doubt if a mod team would be allowed to by-pass the Greenlight process as Reiza was allowed to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

2 games both running rFactor1 so both basically fit into the system at the same time. Again, this has nothing to do with ISI's competence. They are a modding platform not a closed system like most other games on Steam. Steam has very little to offer them other than masses of console kiddies to complain about so called Mario graphics. ISI has their own copy protection and purchase system so very little overhead. Too me it sounds like they are quite competent and smart business men to do everything in house and avoid the middle man. But people have requested it enough times that they decided to do a trial run with rF1 to see if it's even worth bothering with for rF2.

If your really interested in the progress of ISI on Steam (which I know you aren't), then read this thread:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22856-Please-vote-for-rFactor-(1)-on-Steam

And the comments from Tim here:
    http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-successfully-greenlit-steam#disqus_thread

But really, why are you here? Say it pops up on Steam in a few weeks, will you be back? I seriously doubt it. If you hate the sim so much then why not go back and hang out on the WMD forum. You aren't seeking help, you aren't contributing, all your doing is insulting ISI. This is the perfect definition of a troll.

And I am done feeding it.

Edit: Reiza doesn't have code level access to the gMotor engine so the only improvements they have made is in the content and the inclusion of TechAde's RealFeel plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  14. stonec

stonec Registered

Are Battlefield 4 developers less competent because the game is not on Steam but using their own distribution system? Has nothing to do with competency or ability, just a matter of business decision, which comes from higher up than the devs.

15. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

I am here because I am not the most happy customer with ISI ATM. As for being a Troll if that's what you think of a customer with issues that's your problem. At least I own the software unlike a lot of what we see in pCARS threads. Anyway I'll let being called a troll slide this time.

I don't hate the sim but have had my share of frustrations over it. At one time rF1 was my favorite I spent a lot of time on NT 2003 and 2004 along with the F1 titles. When and if rF1 makes it to steam I will probably include it into my Steam library. So far I have not been able to get as interested in rF2 as IMO the other titles I am playing have been much better.

However if ISI were such good business people they would already be on Steam and would have fought to get the rights to Super league Formula back and sell that on Steam for 10-15 dollars. Every bit counts in this business.

Anyway it's more about disappointment then hate and just wonder if ISI is getting burned out on game development. They have been at it for a long time. Or at least Sim Racing games

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Birddogg66:
    1.-If you are not able to fix this little thing in Modmanager (at least after getting advice), which you produced by
    yourself (you screwed something up due to a change you did) then this complex PC-simulator isn´t for you!
    Better get you a Playstation or something like that!

2.- In this time you spend here on the forum to randomly rant and troll you could have fixed the problem 1000x!

3.- Distributing the program on steam will change NOTHING in terms of options, possible user-fails and program-internal managemant at all!!

17. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

No I did not screw things up myself. I have other games that install parts of it to the documents folder without issue as it's done by mandatory default. Maybe ISI does not take the human factor into consideration and only allow a choice to where the main folder is installed and have a default path without option for the rest of it. Most people are just click click click that is why so many times other things are thrown into install programs as malware bombs. The updating process of this title is not fool proof or I would have never had a problem with the location of the user data folders like packages.

As for Play Station maybe you should get one as you don't know that Steam has the best auto updating process on the planet. As for time spent here that could have been spent fixing the problem

A. Your admitting there is a problem and
    B. I should have never had one to damage my existing install in the first place.

Also it's not up to you to decide what's right for me or do you want your head slapped :p?

Anyway at one point I had a problem with the update process and mod manager with the user specific folders being sent to docs folder so I reinstalled the game and sent those folders to the main folder. Maybe I have not kept up with ISI's on going work with the update process which has had problems along the way but this is all my fault? I am the customer if ISI is creating a scenario that can cause potential problems with the install and update process that's on them

You will also notice I have not been disrespectful to other forum members here but I have been shown some by some of you so hence you earned the head slap comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  18. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

"sluggish", "devil".... and move two games in two weeks into steam... without problems... not at all, sorry. Maybe in another world.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You have been disrespectful. Maybe not to specific users, but to the developers. There's just no need to be that way. ISI is already preparing rF1 for Steam. It's not a matter of if but when. The fact is you aren't here for help. You're just another one of those guys that comes over from the WMD forums every 6 months or so to make a half assed attempt to test the latest build and then say a bunch of insulting junk and go back to your home again. Just look at your posting history, it's blatantly obvious. It's fine that you don't like rF2 but don't come over here just to disrespect people if you're really not the slightest bit interested in rF2. I am a WDM member and about every 6 months or so I update my build of pCARS and give it another spin. It always disappoints but you don't see me ranting on the pCARS forums about it. You don't see my on VR posting stupid crap on every pCARS related post. In very beginning of pCARS I did have some "constructive" criticism about input lag but it's a different crowd over there. They don't care about important stuff like that. They pretend like it doesn't exist. But I don't insult the devs over it. I see you actually operate under two usernames on WDM. What is up with that?

20. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

I'm the customer with a problem with their product and they're not saying anything so maybe my tone is justified with regards to the handling of it. Actually it seems ISI is okay with it's customers working in a support capacity for them. I spent a bit of time collecting the mods I had installed into the game and the update process screwed that up I have every right to be upset about it just like I was upset about the updates to AC screwing up my mods I don't care what software title it is or what development team when something screws up my work that should not have happened there is hell to pay.

As for my username @WMD I actually had 10 at one time as to buy 10sr. accounts and then merge them into 1 manager account and 1 user name who else do you think I go by? Anyway that is none of your business I could actually call myself Jacksonville Jack if I wanted to.

I appreciated your trying to help but really it is not your or any other members responsibility and if you don't have a title as a moderator you might want to follow your own advice and desist from the conversation.

Anyway the people working at SMS would have spoken up by now.