Build 906 not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hmaia, Dec 28, 2014.

1. hmaia

hmaia Registered

I had stuttering problems since build 880 (severe stuttering). Sometimes after stopping and restating several times, the simulation would work.
    Installed 906 Lite, after using Iobit uninstaller, cleaned registry, deleted remaining files from Rfactor2 folder.
    No matter what video setting I use, after I hit the race button to install the track, program becomes slow to respond. To start the race, you have to hit the race button several times. As soon as it is loaded, I get 2 or 3 FPS, and tearing and stuttering turns the simulation useless.
    I read in a different thread in the forum to turn on Vsync and Triple buffering off. Also to turn Physx to CPU. Nothing helps.
    I am using a 32" HDMI 720 monitor, coupled to a Gigabyte GTX 750, set at 1280x768, no antialising, HDR on.
    It runs beautifully with Rfactor and GTR2. Since Vsync is on, I get 60-62FPS in both simulations. With Vsync off, I get close to 300 FPS. I don't think my problem is related to hardware.
    At this point I think I will not use Rfactor2 until we have a working program. I will not renew my license until we have something that works, and I bought my first when Rfactor2 was released. I have used all the upgrades, and until 880 or an earlier build, I had no problems. I love the program and think it will be great when the bugs are sorted out and they come out with decent graphics. Until then, it has been getting frustrating.
    If anyone has had similar problems, and found a solution, I would really appreciate any input to solve this.
    In the meantime, I am ordering Assetto Corsa.

2. Gupster

Gupster Registered

3. hmaia

hmaia Registered

Thanks Gupster for replying,
    I followed Spinelli's recommendations, with no improvement, except for a cleaner image, without tearing, FPS still stuck at 2.
    All settings in the computer are standard, no overclocking of CPU or GPU.
    I am running video at 1024x768, antialiasing at level 2.
    Here are the computer specs:
    Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
    Chipset : AMD 790X
    Processor : AMD Athlon 7850 Black Edition @ 2800 MHz
    Physical Memory : 4096 MB DDR2-SDRAM
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
    Hard Disk : Western Digital WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ATA Device (1000GB)
    Hard Disk : Western Digital WD6401AALS-00L3B2 ATA Device (640GB)
    Monitor Type : Toshiba TOSHIBA-TV - 32 inches 720p HDMI

I have spent too much time on this and I just will put it on hold until I hear of a gold product, and then will reactivate my license.