Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Installation without any problem.
    Quick test in the Formula Master on Sepang, the light atmosphere, and the cockpit texture/3D is high level now, feeling natural. Huge improvement in this sector onboard (light, texture, shadows).,
    In exterior it's a little better, but need more job on external reflection, far to be natural.
    And the very good news, my FPS are near to be x2, good, now I'm close to FPS I got in rF1.

Great job ISI, continue in this way !!

I will check the others cars/track asap.

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Not for everybody ;)

I have less fps than in build 69. Not much, 3-5%, but It's noticeable.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

FPS on my system is also about 5% less than in previous builds.

4. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Hi, updates seems fine so far. It seems that headlights do not provide any light... ie the street remains dark but the headlights are turnrd on. (Checking withexterior view)

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

HTTP links please or the auto-update...please ISI:(

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I wouldn't say that. With 1 fixed bug, 2 new bugs appeared.
    I know that bugs are a part of any development, but this time definitely something went wrong. Or maybe is it still modding system test version only?
    If talking about modding system - basically nothing has changed - as far as I know we have still tracks and cars tighten together which is biggest disappointed. I'm starting to think that they want to force this feature into release. There are some bugs which still remains, for example fog doesn't overlay sky - then horizon is brighter (almost white, sic) than sky.

What I found initially interesting is a flap enabling method selector... I'm not sure what flap is referred to, maybe DRS one? But what I want to say, that I'm waiting for support of bi-stable switches and I hoped it is something related to. To be honest I don't get why this feature is developed for single switch, but not for other ones.

DRS is nice try. Even if I'm not a fan of OW, developing features to match current real racing series rules is a nice thing.
    The same about minimum FOV. Thumb up for ISI.

KS noticed me that there are finally Fresnel based shaders on car livery and windows. Unfortunately there are a lot of bugs with env refl mapping which spoils this effect. But again, nice they has been started to work with it.

I hope that next build will be released quicker than this one, this time with serious bug fixes.

with regards

7. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Am I dumb and is it just me who don't see the updated '60s in the Downloads page?

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

you are not. not provided yet.

9. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Oh yeah! Hope in myself restored :D

10. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I think all this "more or less FPS" talk depends on your hardware and in-game settings. HDR might be optimised, so FPS with HDR on might be improved. My system can't handle HDR, so I don't have the FPS-gain from HDR.

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Are you happy of something sometime ? ;)

I know for the modding we need more updates, but, today, rF2 was "haw full" and unplayable, now in cockpit it's clean, and we can now drive to start physics evaluation/development, and perhaps test the online.

The link between track and mod is still here and it's shame, but hope ISI will fix now this quickly.

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

Random observations:

-The FR 3.5 is much , much more drivable now :D
    - overall colour and lighting is amazing, huge improvement
    - Whatever has been changed the white track side lines at Mills have turned brown and it looks awful. :(
    - The Megane 'dirty windshield + early morning sun' is overpowering, at least give us a washer bottle and wipers :p
    - I have a random problem where loading a car on track sometimes results in 5-7 FPS, but cancelling the session and reloading seems to fix it.

13. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Thats normal and realistic, you have to tweak the third dampers with that car ;).
    Enjoy

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

The rain tires are wrong visually wise, but physically its the right tire.
    But the wet physics are not finished yet, almost unplayable, just wait for one of the following patches.

15. modmate

modmate Registered

16. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Bulid 85 installed without problems, mods updated without problems too. I've only done four tests and I have not touched the wheel, but the first impression is very good.

Now everything looks much more natural and I had a great improvement in performance. I put a little comparison.

Resolution: 1920x1080
    AntiAliasing: SuperSamplingAA x4
    HDR: ON
    Vsync: OFF
    FXAA: OFF
    Graphic Options: All to Max
    Texture Filter: X2 Anisotropic
    Special Effects: Full
    Shadows: High

The rest all activated except Road reflection and Environment Reflection.

Estoril Build 49 con el Megane: Min 34, Max 47, Media 38.097
    Estoril Build 60 con el Megane: Min 38, Max 51, Media 44.748
    Estoril Build 85 con el Megane: Min 44, Max 71, Media 50,808

Malaysia Build 49 con el Megane: Min 35, Max 50, Media 42.527
    Malaysia Build 60 con el Megane: Min 42, Max 60, Media 48.361
    Malaysia Build 85 con el Megane: Min 48, Max 77, Media 61.285

Mills Long Build 49 con el Megane: Min 32, Max 47, Media 37.249
    Mills Long Build 60 con el Megane: Min 34, Max 48, Media 42.796
    Mills Long Build 85 con el Megane: Min 43, Max 63, Media 49,490

Monaco Build 49 con el EVE F2: Min 30, Max 53, Media 38.622
    Monaco Build 60 con el EVE F2: Min 35, Max 66, Media 47.992
    Monaco Build 85 con el EVE F2: Min 44, Max 77, Media 55,524

Spa Build 49 con el EVE F2: Min 32, Max 51, Media 42.544
    Spa Build 60 con el EVE F2: Min 40, Max 69, Media 55.063
    Spa Build 85 con el EVE F2: Min 50, Max 80, Media 64,361

Great work and very happy with the improvements, there are many things to improve, but you can not do everything in one day.

Hopefully the next update will not take so long to get like this, but if so there is no problem, all we ask is that you tell us a bit from time to time, we settle for little. :p

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

So everything has to be updated? It's a shame there is no update for 60's formulas yet, because that's the only mod I play. But I'm curious to see how it all works with the new build :( But I'll will wait.

18. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

i only have one car installed atm but i still get the error . the isi master is the only mod installed and it comes up and says

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ May 24 2012 3:51:07 PM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Component "Vehicle Common 1.2h" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "GT World Endurance Championship 1.0" contains an updated component "Malaysia 1.1" no base component installed.
    Mod "GT World Endurance Championship 1.0" contains an updated component "MillsMetro 1.1" no base component installed.
    Mod "GT World Endurance Championship 1.0" contains an updated component "Portugal 1.1" no base component installed.
    Mod "ISI Formula Masters 1.0" contains an updated component "Malaysia 1.2" no base component installed.
    Mod "ISI Formula Masters 1.0" contains an updated component "MillsMetro 1.2" no base component installed.
    Mod "ISI Formula Masters 1.0" contains an updated component "Portugal 1.2" no base component installed.

please help for some reason i cant seam to update my game i havenmt updated since 49 because it always fails

19. JvM

JvM Registered

Tobi, this is from the first post of this thread:

20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

@Modmate: Looks like a performance problem? Try the same scenario without any opponent selected e.g. privat testsession. If its gone and ok your cpu or gpu is overloaded and can't handle the amount of data. If it is still there... it has to be something else. :p

@Mulero: reflects what I felt yesterday. An increase of around 5-20 fps.

Also it has to be said, that more gfx-features can be activated without loosing much fps. I am able to turn on Shadows(max) incl. blur + real reflections + HDR and the drop in frames isn't a huge lose compared to last build.