Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Don't see why you would be suspect. Not sure who he is referring to. I see no a-holiness or trolling in your posts. You made one joke and you followed it with a lol. I saw the humor. Saw no harm. Everybody chill. Can't we all just get along?

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

No I wasn't referring to you at all :)

I was referring to the 2 posts directly above mine. Sorry, thought it was obvious :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Whooot? is this true? Great news. A update for 60's was expected, of course, but I didnt know about monza 66. Can I read about this anywhere?

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok, sorry for the fuss all:p

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You are not going to read it specifically, only between the lines but it seems to be coming pretty soon:)

7. 4D!0z

4D!0z Registered

Installation Problems: ISI Formula Masters

Mod: ISI1052-v10-FormulaISIr
    Build: V0.85
    CRC32: EAB6D6F9
    MD5: 78CD91BF6D316747166CF1CBB88C8735

Hi dudes,

the mod cant be installed into my rF2 Installation. I tried to install the Mod as follows:

• update build (to v0.85)
    • update all mods (3 Mods; 2x F-Renault Updates, v1.1 + v1.2)
    • insert mod-file
    • mod manager doesnt recognize Files of the mod
    • ingame component manager recognize a sound file (WTF?)
    • Like seen in the picture theres only a "soundfile"; i retried the same procedure without ingame install, then only in the mod manager "FISIR" isnt installed ("Installed = No")

View attachment 2600

Can someone help please?

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

How did you download the mod? Did you use an HTTP link? It's possible that you have a corrupted file.

9. 4D!0z

4D!0z Registered

CRC32: EAB6D6F9
    MD5: 78CD91BF6D316747166CF1CBB88C8735

the mod doesnt appear in the MM...only as seen in the posted pic. Not in "Packages"/"Mods" or any other manual path.

/EDIT: a friend said me his CRC...original CRC ist 44372D81.
    But he copied me his modfile on my SSD, hrmpf :/ file broken

thx xtr3me (and jubuttib of course^^)

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Figured it might be that. Use the torrent link if possible, it does hash checks on every piece of the file and will download any corrupted part again automatically.

EDIT: Just for reference, I have had no problems with any of the mods nor updates, and the MD5 hash for my ISI1052-v10-FormulaISIr.rfmod is 492CF6CBAF77A7941A55B5A4626CBDCB

11. 4D!0z

4D!0z Registered

i cant update it so easily...i have very slow internet (ISDN; 64kbit/s, 8KByte/s, 0,064MBit/s) -.-
    Thats the reason why i visited xtr3me to download the things i need.

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Oh, darn...

Wait a minute, you can actually still get ISDN these days? O_O

13. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Just wanted to post a huge THANKS for those two additions.

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Sorry, I know this probably isn't the right place for this, but anyway: DEAR LORD the rFTrainers are an amazing amount of fun! Just got back from driving them around the longest Mills layout, drifting almost every corner. They just feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice. =)

15. osella

osella Registered

Wait what...?
    Sorry for being offtopic but this is hard to believe.. what about satellite or even mobile internet? Anything is gonna be better than ISDN, thats 20th century connection!

16. 4D!0z

4D!0z Registered

Ya, i am one of poor the people in Germany (at least round about 5% afair) who have to use 56k/ISDN (narrow band). I have to pay 40~80€ every month for this, many programs sucking. Steam is on the top there (of course :()... and i have to wait 10 sec until the ~8 smilies are loaded...

No GPRS/UMTS, no normally "cable DSL", no LTE, no microwave radio relay (german: "Richtfunk") and nothing of the other things that i cant explain in english are here available -.-' But, uuuh...Ping ist nice ^.-

But lets be grateful that ISI has a so good, manual and all time working concept...not like Steam, if u are updating on DSL, come home and it wants to load 2GB speech-data of the game (WTF; Risen 2). You sitting there and think:
    After 1 sec: "Holy crap...!?"
    After 5 sec: "wanna kidding me?!?!?" xD

17. Boxorman8

Boxorman8 Registered

I haven't been able to tear myself from megane trophy, it's so good in the latest version. Just wanted to say that.

There is one option I've yet to see tho and that's to get rid of the cockpit wheel, to me it looks weird when I have a steering wheel infront of me (in real life) and one on the screen, they match up very well but they look different.

I won my first race against 85% AI last night, I am very happy :D I was running Megane's at Malaysia north loop (is ther another malaysia I am missing?) and I actually took the lead on the third or fourth lap, and I kept that for atleast ten laps, then I had a little accident because I got a little to exited, also I'm used to driving behind people, allow me to just follow them but here i was leading the pack.

I dropped down to fourth with a huge gap between me and #1 but with some need for speed-like racing ( I was almost ramming them in the corners :D) I took the lead on the second to last corner on the last lap, it was such a great feeling.
    Then I just went flat out on the straight and crossed the line - but I didn't slow down, nonono I went straight into the barrier and my Megane did a very ballerina spin into the stands, not the best way to treat the fans but :p

I love how I can actually catch a spin now more easily, curious about one thing tho. I have been using default settings except I turned "auto clutch" on, now: most driving aids show up as "OFF" but some show up as "LOW" am I doing it wrong? shouldn't all aids be turned off completely ?

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I have started to request and add mirrors to the download page. This should reduce the impact on our server and allow you to get files without problems... The torrent will never corrupt though.

19. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Hi Tim et al.,

I'm enjoying the beta so far. I have no doubt it will only get better.
    Only serious issue I'm having is the amount of rocking or bouncing that is displayed. e.g. The FR3.5 going down the two straights at Sepang, especially the pit straight. Shakes like the old Harley Sportsters with the motor hard mounted to the frame. Not only does this give me a good headache but I find it incredibly unrealistic. nKPro has bumps but not constant shake. My only real life experience in an open wheeler is an Atom at VIR and if it was shaking anything close to that bad I would have pulled into the pits convinced something was broke.

I love the fact that the wheel translates some of this (I'm using a T500 F1) but the display shaking that aggressively makes the game almost unplayable for me. I hope this is improved in the future or at least made into a setting that can be configured. Using cockpit view btw. Thanks.

20. JvM

JvM Registered

There are values in the plr file, that you can limit/tweak the shaking with.