Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Some people even complained: "Is this all you've been doing for the past 3 months?" :p

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I also wouldn't mind reading more detailed change logs.

3. Element

Element Registered

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Me too

5. alister667

alister667 Registered

Tim, this isn't about incompatibility. I can't install a 3rd party mod because of a change in a version number of another (in this case ISI) mod. This is a direct cause of tracks and cars now being tied together.

Other than that I have to say you've done a great job with the update, the single seaters are both amazing and great fun to drive. The graphics have also become much more efficient. Great work! Sorry about my bitchin' :D

6. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

I'm absolutely in love with the updated Formula Renault 3.5. I just can't have enough. Fantastic job. What can I say about the fomula ISI...lovely. I increased the FFB to have more tyre resistance when steering and it's awesome! :D

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

"All cars all tracks" crash my pc and a can't race at Med-Ohio or putnam Park, why?

8. F1lover

F1lover Registered

+1

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Is this the way to go? Any chance to have this in a production wheel with affordable cost?

Btw
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=...Computer%20Simulators%20Does%20Not%20Work.pdf
    impressive essay on ffb.

10. Bart S

Bart S Member

Anybody got the problem with tyre smoke in the cockpit megane and gtr?

11. Marek Lesniak

Why weak point?

To get full picture, you should also test T500RS. Both are belt-driven, but T500RS has tooth belts, while CSW has V-belts.

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

13. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

This G27 issue has been discussed endlessly for months. The problem is not with "the software". It is with the wheel. You can dick around all you want with filtering and damping etc which ends up lessening the good feel to mask the bad feel. IMO the only good solution is to buy a different wheel. I bought a CSR non-elite, retaining my Logitech pedals. Have been smiling ever since. Every one of those rattles is a bit of road feel you are missing. And now I can skid across the grass at 3am and not wake up the house. YMMV

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

IMO it is problem with the software. There are two reasons:
    1. rF2 is dedicated for simracing market, not as demo software for single steering wheel. It means it should provide good experience while using wide range of wheels available on market. Especially for G25/27 which are most popular ones in simracing. Just imagine that rF2 has FOV set to 20, hardcoded, not settable, forcing you to buy some 180* display.

2. Instead of damping forces, power steering should be simulated. All rattling forces will disapear.

15. Marek Lesniak

Maxym, maybe you should re-read where that rattling mostly comes from.

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

IMO it is problem with the software. There are two reasons:
    1. rF2 is dedicated for simracing market, not as demo software for single steering wheel. It means it should good experience with using wide range of wheels available on market. Especially for G25/27 which are most popular ones in simracing. Just imagine that rF2 has set FOV set to 20, hardcoded, not settable, forcing you to buy some 180* display.

2. Instead of damping forces, power steering should be simulated (and also some dumping generated by steering system). All rattling forces will disapear. For sure, generating FF just from raw suspension forces is not real.

17. zack

zack Registered

i can only race in the old spa without curbs.
    its horrible with my g25 on another track,sry isi but i dont buy another wheel for rf2.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You will notice in F1 that they gain whole seconds over a 3 day period, the track in general is quicker/more rubbered in at the end of the race than from the beginning, let alone all the other hours of practice sessions and qualy and all the other support races which rubber the track in. So yes a "green" track as they call it, is muchhhhh slower and slippery than a rubbered in track, which just continues to evolve and evolve and rubber in more and more. On top of that sometimes teams find their setups not working as expected the next day because as the track rubbers in, not only does it give more general grip but it sometimes can affect the handling of certain cars and/or certain setups.

The track is a living breathing thing, that is constantly evolving lap after lap, session after session, day after day.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Why do I need to imagine something like that? FFB is configurable in rF2, is it not?

What is really missing is some guide for the people how to set it right. One could assume that anyone interested in joining rF2 beta testing should al teast know how to change things in .PLR file. Aparrently we have many people who aren't aware of these options and struggle with default settings.

Perhaps gold version will come with some predefined configurations for most popular wheels on the market, perhaps not.
    In the meantime we're on our own, but luckily we are many :) Anyone with good settings for a particular wheel can share them here on the forum.

On a side note - I once ran beta tests of a game and it had profiles for most common GPU's on the market. It could run well on RIVA TNT 2, but it could also take advantage of Shader Model 3.0 hardware, like GeForce 6. And still people weren't using predefined profiles - they just set things to maximum and complained that this game doesn't run super-smooth on their Shader Model 2.0 hardware - and all they did was turning on HDR and displacement mapping - no big deal for GeForce FX, really :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

but not many people do, are they. (share that is)
    Threads about wheels are vague and incomplete imho.
    Im among those ignorrant that dont know what to change in .PLR and Im not going to, unless someone explains what does what.