build 770...problems starting...crashing exiting!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by toivonen, Jul 2, 2014.

1. toivonen

toivonen Registered

Hi

1st of all let me say that i rediscover rfactor2 in the last times, and i must say that when tweaked a few parameters, this is indeed a MONSTER of a sim...congrats ISI!

Now for the problem...i have windows 7 64-bit, i've downloaded yesterday build 770 lite, installed over my previous version, i've used the default .exe because i have Frexsimconmotion, and the 64 bit doesn't detected it...anyway the problem is similar with default and 64bit .exe...and that is, whenever i start the game through the laucher, it appears the loading screen and then...it just HANGS in there, till i press the Return key (i don't know if any other key would also do the same)...wich is indeed very strange...it also crashes when i exit the game, and sometimes it freezes, and i have to ctrl+alt+del...one time i even had to shut down the PC...anyone else with these problems...should i updated another way?...i always did like that with nor prob...

THANKS in advance

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Only a full fresh install (and not a Lite install on top of previous build) will fix this issue. Currently you have to press enter as an error message is displayed in Windows desktop and you can't see it.

Also, for me the RealRoad new option only appeared after doing a fresh install, and the hidden error messageis not displayed anymore. Be sure to backup useful files (packages, modified files etc.), uninstall rF2, navigate in its directories and delete everything, install Lite B770, copy backuped package folder, use modemanager to select all package and install it in a row. It took 15 minutes for me but now all is OK and B770 is a blast.

3. toivonen

toivonen Registered

Geez...i havo so many tweaks...but ok, if that's the only solution...THANKS

4. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Standard 'upgrade' has produced some poor results in trying 64 bit mode.
    Tons of "gmotor' errors on track loading [even with ISI tracks], which results in track weirdness [no sky's, odd colors or lack of textures on things, etc].

Switching back to 32bit mode resolves the problem.

Will try a full reinstall to see if it helps.

5. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Full uninstall/reinstall as YoLolo advised did the trick. Took a bit longer than his 15 minutes [;)] but well worth the effort.
    Thanks YoLolo!

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Sorry but you're running Windows XP according your signature and release notes say this:

7) x64 will not (ever) work on an XP based OS, this includes older versions of Windows Server.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20618-rFactor-2-Build-770-Now-Available!

7. hugoargoselo

hugoargoselo Registered

I updated my rFactor 2 to build 770 and I can't run the game. I have the lifetime license and run any session (Single Player, Online Race and Developer).
    The first time I did a update from last update that you available it. When I saw I can't join any session I reinstalled the game from "0" and the problem still at my game. Since you announced the 64-bits I can't join the game and I have a windows 7 64-bits.

View attachment 13431

What I need to do to play the game?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Don't know if this is your problem: In the past (and I THINK it still is like this now) it worked to reactivate.

In the launcher (like in your screenshot) go to "purchase", and over there press reactivate; after that it should work (Like I said though, not sure if it still goes that way, but it worked like this in the past)

9. hugoargoselo

hugoargoselo Registered

Thanks. It was worked. Now I'm have the game available to play.