build 770 - missing part, corrupt meshes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PlickBadger, Jul 2, 2014.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

This was reported in unstable build 767 and 769. Is this a known issue, is this a bug, is this an issue with this mod?

Any feedback at all would be helpful. It's really quite frustrating to try to contribute to the community when there's absolute radio silence about reported issues.

View attachment 13406

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Think on the bright side PlickB, you made the first rFactor2 hover car :D

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It is odd, as you found out yourself, if you load track with no AI, then load AI one by one, it works with no problem.

4. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'll be happy to go through and create a brand new .gen file with all the graphic levels or whatever it takes to fix the issue. I don't mind the work, I'm just frustrated by the total lack of communication

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I tried putting graphic levels on all meshes in the .gen and it made no difference.

I guess the miata mods are now defunct at this point.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

It also happens with ISI content as well. For me its when I ALT+TAB back to windows. I cant believe ISI released this build knowing this was a major issue.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

No, mod is not defunct, I can still tell where the AI are and where I don't want them to be

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Hi PlickBadger, I really don't think it's a mod problem. The fact you can workaround this problem by adding AI after entering the session prove IMO than ISI have 2 different routines to load cars: one OK, and one with some bugs. I hope they will not fix the one currently OK so both will show the problems ;)

ISI Team, Spec Miata and rF2 is currently for me "The Combo", please please communicate on this problem, thanks!

9. DocJones

DocJones Registered

This exactly. I thought they wanted to start releasing solid builds from now on, but again they are getting bad press (deservedly so) for a buggy release.
    What I don't get, the issue was known since 767, still present in 769, and nobody from ISI seems to care to reply to one of the numerous threads on the issue.
    Releasing the stable not even half a day after the last unstable is just the cherry on top of it. And not in a good way.

10. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I haven't checked but does this only happen with Ai or real opponents too?

11. stonec

stonec Registered

If it's only an issue with modded cars, then that would suggest to me it's some sort of a mod issue. Could be related to this:

5) GMT formats. There may be some Third Party mods out there that does not work. Rebuild your mod using the newer GMT formats. There may be a cutoff of age.

Regarding what you define as "solid" and "buggy", there will always be bugs present in software. Even rFactor1 final version has several bugs. For example, keyboard randomly stops working, driver swaps randomly fail for no reason, dirty air gives more downforce, etc. ISI has like 2 or 3 devs working on the code and if they spent weeks to correct every bug prior to build release, the product would never get any new features at all.

12. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

If one car loads fine or you can load them one at a time, then how is it an issue with the GMT format?

Also according to previous posts, this is not just 3rd party mods.

13. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Plick - don't give up please! Brilliant mods. With 770 just released, it may take a few days for ISI to catch up and pinpoint the issue.
    FWIW, I saw the same thing with your mods. I loaded mine in single player mode with AI. Will try adding AI to see if I can confirm this for you.

UPDATED:
    Okay, you're going to LOVE this...
    [just for clarification I was seeing the same GFX issues as you when I initially posted here]
    Reset RF2 back to standard config before I started
    Loaded SCL1 mod up in single player mode with zero AI - everything looked perfect!
    Exited, reloaded SCL1 mod up with 3 AI this time, still looks perfect!
    Added more AI [while in track] and still looks good.

So...
    In short, after starting with no AI and the problem going away, I can no longer repeat the anomaly. Seems to me your MOD is not the culprit. :)
    Hopefully others can confirm this, and perhaps ISI can explain what's happening here?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  14. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Mod is definatly not the culprit. Half the tracks I try with the Miata my own car has no body.

15. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

What are you calling "standard config" ?

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Good question Jim. Would like to know what standard config is as well.

17. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Sorry...
    By that I meant the standard UI interface, no third party plugins, no custom skins. Just RF2 as you would get on a fresh install.

As an update, after I did the testing I mentioned prior, I did a complete uninstall/reinstall to resolve issues I was having in testing the 64bit mode.
    I went back and tested the Miata mod again and now it would appear I'm back to where everyone else appears to be:
    I can load with zero AI and all looks good.
    Load with 1 AI and all looks good.
    Load with zero or one and add more manually while in session and all looks fine.
    But load with 2 or more AI from the start and only the first AI and my own car load properly, all others are missing parts.
    Load with enough AI [15 for example] and my own car starts missing parts.

18. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

This bug is still present in the latest unstable builds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lol PB :)
    That's a bit soon to say I reckon :p

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

All these builds should be considered unstable until reported bugs are corrected. When that happens we might happen to have a stable Build.

It is amazing that ISI keeps on maintaining this system and get offended when criticized. They just proved my right once again about the closed unstable useless testing period and they will keep on doing so unless something is changed. Right now many bugs are missed in unstable testing period and, what is even worse, the ones that are reported are not solved prior to releasing the FAKE stable.

All the builds should be released as a beta or unstable to the whole community. Isi should then provide a official "known bug list" that people could check. When the critic ones are solved, the build can be officially renamed.

In a normal software company, the reponsible for all this continous chaos would be automatically fired.