Build 68-69 on remote update available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by modmate, Mar 15, 2012.

1. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Thx for reply,
    So, something wrong on my system i guess, i will reinstall windows tomorrow, thx.
    No, it dont work. I tried, and freetrack with IR led is way better, specially in dark room, tracking is more accurate.
    Np, was just for let you know.
    But trackir doesn't use led either, it's three reflexive points to put on your hat. :)

2. modmate

modmate Registered

Well, its just better in really dark rooms nothing more. Facetracknoir is absolutely accurate and also i dont need any hat or led`s hooked up. Just a decent webcam do its job fantastic. Also remember that its completely FREE.

3. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Not the best tread for talk about that, but i will answer.

I tested both programs, and freetrack is a bit more reactive imo, you can turn your head as fast as you can, the view follow exactly in same time.
    When, with facetrack the view need a little 1/4 of second for begin to move, in game it's less noticiable, but still.

I found also the traveling a bit smoother.

With a ps3 eye, facetrack locks the refresh at 50fps max, freetrack allow 125fps (for the test i tested both programs at 50fps).

CPU usage is a bit more higher on facetrack : 25-30% (maybe the cause of the latence i experience sometime), freetrack : 1-4 %, with an i5 750 clocked @4ghz.

[​IMG]

Beside that, both are great softwares, and a big addition for immersion in simracing, but if you have the possibility to build your own tracking system for the coast of 3 infrared LED, freetrack have some significant advantages imo.

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

FYI, FTNoIR dev team is building new head tracker. They're now using OpenCV, a real time computer vision library and it's open source. This new tracker (called FaceDetect) supposed to be much lighter and faster than FaceAPI. The face detection method is also much simpler than FaceAPI's. Also it will work very well under low light condition. However, at this moment the webcam required for this new tracker must have minimum 640x480 in resolution, and also has zoom feature.

5. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Nice, thx for the info, i will keep an eye on this.

6. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

Just a little difference anyway. Facetrack wont need any Led`s hooked up to your head. That makes a real difference for me though, mostly cause i hate hat`s and stuff. And for the FPS thing, you can change that in the .ini file within Facetracknoir. Just replace 30 with 60 and you`re done.
    For the input lag,,, i dont have such and also use a eyecam. Did you install this
    HeadTrackingDemo_NC-V6.2.5
    before Ftnoir? You may try that if not, you can google and dl for free. Its a demo but has got all drivers needed to run ftnoir proper. Also you can review the cam input and let it track everything on your face like eybrows and stuff. If you dont get a 1:1 input on screen there is something wrong with your cam maybe. Do you set the cam to 56° or 75°?

@taufikp

Nice nfo... looking forward for that and may have to have a look at the FT Dev site again.

Greets Modmate

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  7. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Hi, in my case i'm ok with a cap, so it's not a big problem. But i agree, you feel way more free with facetrack.
    I use ps3 eye driver for windows from http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/
    And dont tried edit the config file, just added in facetrack folder the cleye file that allow 75fps in 640x480, and maybe that was the problem.
    Facetrack is not anymore instaled on my system, but i will reinstal it with HeadTrackingDemo_NC-V6.2.5, and give it a second try.
    With Freetrack i got a perfect tracking at 120fps without any frame lost, in 56° mod, so i dont think my cam is faulty.
    Anyway i will run some test again, and if i still notice any difference, and if i found the time, i will see for make a video comparaison betwen FaceTrack and FreeTrack, but i hope i will get it to work as smooth as your seem to be.
    Thx alot for all your advices.