Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Just had few minutes to make quick tests with the new B660 build :)

FPS improvement for sure, my test scene (F3 Eve on sunny day 9AM at LRP practice session after bear man stopped to make wind with his fan arms) show 130 fps instead of previous 124 fps :)

The new Texture Sharpening with auto value(5) don't fix any jaggies lines for me (from my test scene above, white lines on the ground) so I set it to 0 (ALT-M flavored) and yep, it worked, no more jaggies, fps raised (from 117 to the above specified value 130), all is fine, thanks for this ISI :)

Oh, I spent all my smileys and lunch time for this test and post, can't add more for now, back to work, here the last blinking one: ;)

2. snail

snail Registered

Another here with the MSVCP error. Installed the Lite version over my existing rFactor2 installation.
    When I run the updater I now get "SyncManager.exe application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The auto value is presumably the same as previous builds; I wouldn't have expected any change.

Your fps figures are a bit confusing. First you say your test scene fps has raised from 124 to 130 with this build, but then you say setting Texture Sharpening to off increased it from 117 to 130. What was your setting when you were getting 124 fps?

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Sorry if my post is confusing (quickly done). The FPS raising is what happened when I pressed ALT-M on previous build(from around 112 ro 124fps), and I see the same raising between value 5 and value 0 for Texture Sharpening (from 117 to 130fps), so nothing weird IMO. In other words, my scene fps test was made with ALT-M for B590 and I got 124fps, and Texture Sharpening=0 for B660 and now I get 130 fps.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

alt & m for me made very little difference when I tried it (prior to this build) just a small change in the trees

so small & insignificant that it wouldn't be noticed when driving around a track, I don't understand why it keeps getting mentioned

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

stuff like this not in release notes, was something missed out (of release notes) ????

7. MJP

MJP Registered

Run the Config from the launcher not directly from the Core folder, your config.ini being in Core is the giveaway here.

8. Rik

Rik Registered

Thank you. but the launcher does not work. it does not appear if i clik on it.

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I forget to mention: The autoupdater went fine this time. As a reminder (I posted this problem in B590 thread) , B590 autoupdater failed on my computer because SyncManager.exe was the last downloaded file right before its launch. As my Antivirus was scanning the executable, the SyncManager.exe was locked and updater displayed an error saying SyncManager can't be found, so I had to relaunch manually the process.

This time with B660, I saw the SynManager executable was downloaded not as the last file (several files was downloaded after it), so when it was launched all went fine. I don't know if the goal was to fix this problem (Only one other person said he had the same problem with B590), in any case: it's fixed :)

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It keeps getting mentioned because some of us notice the difference when driving, personally I notice a big difference.

11. Nasos Charalampou

Nasos Charalampou Registered

Guys a quick question cause im out of the rf2 loop lately.After the update, in the launcher i got the message that my online subscription will expire at June 15.Am i supposed to renew it somehow?Do i have to buy a new license?

Sorry if the above sounds stupid but i couldnt find any info about it.

Thanks

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

MarcG

I see, maybe because I run in 3d vision so it might be a tad different for me

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Most of us are in the same position :)

14. Nasos Charalampou

15. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

After using the updater (succesfully) i run the game - Get the launcher.. click on single player, i get the Rfactor box screen loading window (then white screen with - "Error Creating Standard Default Shader").. OK button ... then RFactor2 stopped working CTD..

Time to download the lite installer and try that

-- Whilst waiting for download i noted that my Core RFACTOR2 install has gone... (i have core on C:\ - SSD and my data on my F:\ Drive.. looks like it updated and then deleted the folder.. Pathing issue on the installer not recognising split drives ?

Ok so using lite installer now makes game work.. it recognised and installed to C:\programfiles(x86)\RFactor2 - Which is where it used to be.. it also detected my data was on F:\...
    So i run the game, goes into the game, but cannot find any of my packages..

I have checked the installer config/advanced and the data directory is pointed to the correct F: drive, but it cant find any of it.. Im assuming and will have to now go check all the .ini and directory location files...

Seems ever since i did a split drive install it never works properly, nor updates properly..

.. Further update

data.path shows the correct location on F: drive - Clicking modmanager from launcher shows all the mods and tht they are installed.. but the actual game cant find anything.. seems its looking in CORE not data path folder.

Well determined the issue.. my data folder was called "rFactor 2" - Whereas it install to the same data folder location but folder name was "rFactor2" - Without the space.. Seems the installer doesnt pickup the currently installed location and for some reason i must have keyed it manually.. (most likely) or its changed in the installer (unlikely).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  16. Nasos Charalampou

17. Matthias

Matthias Registered

Can't start rFactor2 Dedicated.exe anymore with Build 660.

Get following error:
    gMotor 2 Error
    Could not find shader L2DIFFUSET0 for mesh SKYBOXI

Tried different mods, Autoinstaller, LightInstaller, FullInstaller.

System:
    Windows Server 2008 R2

Please Help.

EDIT:
    Ok resolved it.
    Have to set the Launcher and Dedicated.exe to "run as Administrator"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  18. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

@radon, Try installing on a normal disk, and not the ssd.

There is a post on another forum saying this cured the stuttering.

19. Armando

Armando Registered

It is also possible that you are using a high level of AA. This parameter will make a greater difference when the AA level is low-medium. If you are already using Super Sampling maybe the difference is minimal.
    The idea is that you can get a similar image quality using less AA, and obviously better fps.

20. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.