Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Night Glows (see Night Lights around tracks!) are working as expected now thanks ISI, I just downloaded the Lite and installed straight over my current 590 installation and everything appears to be fine thus far.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Why click verify though?

I've never once clicked it. maybe just ignore it if the sim works anyways.

3. Ralonso

Ralonso Registered

What is THAT?:confused:

4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, it's there and why not try it :)

I assume everybody get the same failed thing except the first few lines.

5. Radon711

Radon711 Registered

Still getting stuttering issues despite all techniques found on the net unless using all low options with 1024x768 resolution.

Using

AMD FX-8350 4.6GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
    1TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
    3GB 7950 HIS Radeon

On another rig without using a G27 wheel but 360 gamepad the game does run flawless even with full options and grid of cars without the need for tweaks, that build is:

AMD Phenom x2 550 Black Edition
    Sapphire 7870GHz Edition 2GB
    500mb 7200RPM
    4GB Kingston Generic RAM
    Been trying to figure this out but it seems witnessing the dramatic efficiency on the Phenom has clouded all options on this.

6. elbo

elbo Registered

Wow this forum is fast, was coming here to point out the mip texture line in plr but you guys have already worked that out...the answer is 0. :)
    This build fixes the over exposed mirrors in the F1rft mod under HDR so that's good too.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What techniques have you found, to avoid repetition?

8. Radon711

Radon711 Registered

Hey Tim,

To put it short I've messed around with the FPS limitations, replay recording, +fullproc, V-Sync, FFB update, # AI, Graphical visibility of AI, Sounds, Catalyst driver, flush framing. This is top of my head, i'll have to recycle through my history for the rest. I forget to mention that the CPU meter is not maxed out at all during gameplay. Infact it dropped from 2/3rds to half with the 660 build.

I remember a fella having a post regarding his issue which sounds spot on to mine where it seems the stuttering is time-based or time lapsed through the course of the event. Certain turns or positions have the stutter while other sectors are smooth. At times a random corner will get the stutter, if this makes any sense. Not sure if this could be the G27 itself seeing as the second build was only with the 360 gamepad, maybe from grip progression it's just reading more or something?

9. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Anything special to look for in this build btw?

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Something you've not mentioned, which seems fairly common, is whether you have something in Windows stealing focus. Try running in window if you run fullscreen, fullscreen if you run windowed, checking background programs and disabling them, closing the launcher on rf2 launch (done on launcher advanced tab). Also try disabling Windows Aero, seen a few people saying that did it.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Tim a progress bar was added for skins but does that also mean the 590 skin transfer issue is now fixed?

12. Radon711

Radon711 Registered

Sorry about that, indeed.

I do run Win 7 64 Bit without Aero and windowed mode gives the same result for me. As for Windows stealing focus it is a very strong point and unfortunately I do require more time to shuffle through this and see exactly which resources would be prioritized. It seems too simple but I haven't tried running in any admin mode yet not really sure if that would make a slight difference. I gather this is a pretty CPU intensive game and AMD's Piledriver perhaps just isn't juicy enough.

13. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Quote Originally Posted by fischkopf
    "Sry, I installed vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe and now it works."

I am receiving the same message and when I try installing vcredist_x86.exe it said I had a newer version on my computer. Any ideas? This feature used to work for me.

14. Luke Szulc

Luke Szulc Registered

Greyed out join button still there....

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

When I try to autoupdate, I get the same thing on my laptop I use for my server (win7 64 bit) but I do not get it on my desktop which I use to game on (Vista 64 bit). Installing the MS redist_x doesn't do any good on the laptop. The Lite installer worked like a charm on the laptop, the auto updater worked on my desktop. Weird.

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Is the server you try to join on build 660 yet?
    I just was in mp and no problem for me.....had 3 times a connection failure but i think that's on my side not the game

17. Luke Szulc

Luke Szulc Registered

yes. i updated my pc and dedicated server. just to check which ports you guys forward

18. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Running under 7970 Ghz, i7 3770k, 8gb ram, AMD catalyst 14.1 and w7 64bits with same graphic options as before : Awesome, the experience is great, never have seen rf2 running so fluid as this build. It seems like my GPU has changed to one nvidia Titan.

Your work is much appreciated.

Tyre model feels unique. Well done, guys!!

19. boxer

boxer Registered

I'm getting "Mod could not be installed"
    MOD download failed. this if for ISI Official -GT - Camaro at Mores (I also got this or the RTM MOD)

ISI - Touring is fine for me.

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Underneath where it says "Mod could not be installed" there should be a list of components the vmod requires, anything you're missing will be in red with an X preceding it.

edit :- Just tried it myself, it seems the vmod is using the old v1.2 of the Camaro instead of the latest v1.3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.