Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's there for me

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I had to install the B660 lite on top of original B660 lite in order to get the delay icon to work.

3. elbo

elbo Registered

I lost the icon on this build as well...was hoping it meant that plugins load right away, but that is not the case.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve not had much time for proper testing of the last few builds but got some time with this build last night...

First thing I noticed was that after doing 6-8 laps at Hockenheim Ring (Tommy78`s) with overcast/cloudy weather, then going to watch the replay (the full replay, not just the instant replay) there was no clouds at all, just stunning blue skies. The "weather" didn`t seem to be there anymore... it was definitely the right replay as I checked.

I`m also using the new minimalist UI just in case it might have something to do with that...

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I`ve not read the complete thread.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I keep getting rF2 crashes now. There are no plugins installed, this is a fresh PC build and Windows install. I was in a server running URD mod and there was an issue with a GMT error but I had exited the game, closed everything down and come back (plus those with the clean windshield selected moved to dirty). I had issues on lobby too where the Join button would either not be showing or be grayed out as well.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes I have the grayed out join button too

(fresh install of this build)

7. The_Mark

The_Mark Registered

Yeah, I can join only about 25% of the active servers. All the others have the grayed out join button, no matter what I do.

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have a hard time believing that there is any problems with rFactor2 lobby.
    I went through the whole lobby and it was only 9 ver. 1.66 servers I could not join. Most servers with grayed join button was league servers, some servers from same league was working some was not, I think they have only port issues and nothing more.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I agree this is a good recommendation :)

10. emha76

emha76 Registered

+1 :(

11. The_Mark

The_Mark Registered

Could be. I don't know what the problem is. Doesn't change the fact I'm severely limited in my ability to enter servers and play RF2 online.

12. cartandretti

cartandretti Registered

I have the same problem also. It began with this build. I never had any problem with any of the builds until now. Also slow loading on startup and exiting especially.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  13. speed1

speed1 Banned

I have the feeling that I have a knowledge gap regarding the development and builds, because I had to take a long break I'm a little late to the show but I would be interested if I am the only one who finds the steering of the karts somewhat strange.

Yes I know it is a direct steering with a small steering range but I find the response a little too sensitive, and how the kart turns in, otherwise I think it's a pretty good work.

Oh, and the steering column controle stalk moves in the pivot point vertically where there should be no vertical movement, but the chassis should twist and simulate load distribution, height differences. I suppose it is not yet fully developed.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I agree with your point. GSC/E had the same issue so I wonder if it's something inherent of pMotor engine.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Actually the rf2 engine should make it possible, at least the distortion in the longitudinal direction through the body segments by vertical offset. The one with the controle stalk moving vertically is surely only a visual thing, but not stiffness and response.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Currently there's chassis flex and who knows what else they can develop but I was mostly referring to the steering angle

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes, was also the most negative i noticed, the steering characteristics and response of.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Your error is to assign each weather definition to a time interval. As you will see in the wet file, the definition will stand for a specific time, not an interval. Standard weather config with 5 weather definitions stand for 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of the race (session). The game engine will transition the weather between those spots.

enviado mediante tapatalk

20. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

This is not a sticky anymore...... Should we expect happy news in the upcoming days?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.