Build 660 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDickie

KDickie Registered

+1

2. Rik

Rik Registered

for RF2 I have done a lot more in truth. I bought all the hardware to run well RF2. I built a cockpit. and I also had a fight with my wife. then I made peace with her. quarrel with her every hardware upgrade. then I always make peace with her. I have met many people through RF2. and for all this I I format the pc without losing too much time. it is the only one that gives me the feeling of driving. I'm not alone here. Yes I am devoted to the ISI team! since Sports Car GT
    [​IMG]
    ;-)

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

4. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Was happening all day yesterday for me, tricked it by exit/main menu mostly. little annoying but nothing major.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I have no trouble deleting everything ( after saving my controller & packages folders ) then reinstalling everything from scratch each build, I can do it very quickly almost robot like, it's not a problem for me.

I'm considering sorting my pals (going round and getting it going on their pc's) with a reintroduction to the "all new" rf2 ( the new UI mod will convince them )

will the auto updater become reliable/rock solid at any point in the future ?

(they will not fiddle or mess around, if the updater fails once & things turn into a little bit of hassle they completely delete rf2 and tell everyone they know not to bother etc)

6. Rik

Rik Registered

I think that when the auto update will be solid, RF2 will be terminated. ISI always introduces new features. new features = less prediction errors. it is the price to pay for innovation. IMO

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the rf2's updater is the only updater I've ever encountered (in any software)
    that dosn't work properly/reliably, it's almost as if it's there as booby trap to irritate people as though put there by the completion.

if it's going to be there at all it's important it's rock solid otherwise it just puts people off
    (I've witnessed this first hand), rf2 is successful so far by attracting a niche select batch of the sim racing community but I feel it could attract much more if things like the updater was sorted, this "hit & miss" style success rate whilst trying to use the updater is a total no no, for the sake of a minimum exceptable standard should be removed ( or fixed )

again I do it manually & have no trouble with this, but I do realise how a totally dodgy updater can cause rf2 to gain a bad reputation ( how ever small of a point it seems to be at first ) & cause users to dump rf2 all together

the amount of posts on a new release thread about the actual hassle of updating shows it dosnt work properly (some one correct me if I'm wrong)

there should be a minimal exceptable standard & the updater falls well below it

each update/build should be tested internally to ensure it works with the updater,
    if it dosnt then the build or the updater should be updated so seamless update(s) are possible for everyone -which obviously includes people that never mess around with files or folders etc.

I think ISI are a fantastic sim software house but really falls down in such unexpected & surprising ways ( please label this as constructive comments )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  8. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Autoupdater: never ever had any Problems!!!

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If there was a simple line in the updater window 'you can also install Lite on top of current install' then at least people would know how to work around the updater not working.

After all it don't matter much which way to go, I reckon one spends the same amount of time updating as downloading. (unless updating fails at 99% lol)

10. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I don't use the updater. I just make a new install and copy in the files I want to keep. Never had a problem doing it that way.

11. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Hi.
    Im having mod/join issues as it happened with 494. Any solution. Im from www.racesimleague.com and we are trying to race this weekend but no one can go in to our servers.
    Something?
    Thanks.

12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Has anyone else had a flickering issue with trackmap plugin overlays on this build? I used to have this flickering issue sporadically with my old AMD card however since moving to a 780ti with the latest builds I havnt seen this issue for a while until now..

13. idaanx

idaanx Registered

I've installed the 660 SDK and now I'm stuck at 1024x768 in dev mode. I can change it in the settings but the next startup it's back to the low resolution. In single player when changing the resolution in game, there is a black screen and going back to the desktop it says it crashed. Changing the resolution in the launcher is possible but not for dev mode.

14. melg

melg Registered

Coanda I have the same problem even after a fresh install. The only way to stop it flashing is ctr+c.

Fujistu sounds like there is something wrong on your server side if everyone fails to get in.

15. elbo

elbo Registered

have you tried ctrl f to display frame rates, it used to fix flickering with trackmap in rf1.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

From the launcher hit the "Configure Sim" button and set it how you want. Then copy "<DataPath>\UserData\Config.ini" to "<Core>\ModDev\UserData\Config.ini". It would be really nice if rF Config would update both config.ini's at the same time or if DevMode and normal mode both used the same config.ini.

17. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Do you have multiple installs in the server?
    I´ve made a fresh install to use b660 cause the auto updater in server was not working. Ive allways use diferent names in paths/plr´s etc for each server i make.
    After that i changed all the usual paths (packages/data.path, etc) but was getting the join/greyed issue. Tried several things and by mistake i placed the rfmod in the original instalation (rfactor 2). So i have the rfmod both in rfactor_b660 instalation aswell as in rfactor 2 one.
    All paths were correct, everything ok, but for some misterious reason it was not Reading the rfmod from the rfactor_660 instalation.
    At least its working :)

18. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Everything seems fine.

19. pn6

pn6 Registered

I have never had any problems with the updater either. Until now. First it was that MSCVP110 deal so I did that then the x7000000000000000 so I did the whatever and finally the Launcher WILL NOT START! I've done the following:
    Installed "lite" --- no start
    Installed "SDK" --- no start
    Installed "Demo" --- no start
    Uninstalled then did all the above again
    Did a system restore back to a week ago. --- no Start
    Uninstalled then erased rFactor2 folder, installed "Lite" --- No Start
    Installed all the C++ routines I could find -- No Start
    Checked windows7 64 bit for integrity--all OK ---no start
    Checked task manager for hidden launcher running --- not there
    Checked real time cpu and memory while trying to launch ---activity is present as is hard drive activity but --- no start

EVERY other installed program from Blender to rF1 ALL work fine as usual but I still think this is a clash with something in my Windows install or a wrong version of something on my machine that rF2 build 660 wants. I have no ideas left!!!!!

HELP!

Win7 64bit Version 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1

here is the error

Faulting application name: Launch rFactor.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x533ef889
    Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098858e
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x000a327c
    Faulting process id: 0x1cb8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5a72b3ffb405
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launch rFactor.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll
    Report Id: f2aaf222-c665-11e3-8f38-00248c85b33d

Thanks for any help
    Paul

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Do you have a copy of MSVCR110.dll in your SysWOW64 folder? If not I think it could be that rF2 requires the 32bit runtimes, certainly the runtimes that the install/updater should do are 32bit and install that file to SysWOW64 rather than System32 which I assume is the 64bit version. have you tried installing the 32bit version from here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.