REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim, top of the forum page:

Latest rFactor 2 Build:
    382 - Dec 19, 2013

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

3. 88mphTim

Been planning to change the header layout, not got to it yet. You can now order downloads by release date though on the rfactor site.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

5. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Everything is working well here and there appears to be a slight framerate improvement over the previous stable build, maybe 5fps on my PC at Silverstone. Also glad that the fuzzy shadow bug was fixed and I no longer have to change camera views to sharpen them up - I originally thought that was a problem on my end till I noticed it in the changelog.

Thanks for the update. :)

6. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks! all well with auto-update.

7. mart280

mart280 Registered

Still a problem with HDR on my multi GPU setup 3x ATI 5850's, although the HDR setting "Daytime clear" works ok "Automation" setting gives me an almost completely white screen.

8. 88mphTim

Yeah this was reported but we don't have a three card test bed. I'd like to put you in contact with the gfx dev: timw@imagespaceinc.com

9. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Thanks ISI!!!

10. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Thanks for the update :D

SR4L Server updated flawlessly ;)

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thank you. :)

12. RJames

RJames Registered

Any chance we can get some detailed info on how the custom skin system is working now with the addition of the "Skin Transfer" button.

Just been testing and having some troubles actually understanding whats going on. For some people i see the flashing skin box, and then it goes green but does not show. I have to come out of the server and reload for it to be visible. But then for others i'm not seeing anything at all.

Also the Skin Transfer button shows for my own name also so not sure what i'm transfering to or from the server.

Rob.

13. Alexease

Alexease Registered

14. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thanks ISI!!!

15. mart280

mart280 Registered

Thanks Tim, what exactly do you want me to put in the email.

16. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Maybe 'hi it's mart280 here, thanks for passing me on to gfx dev' then I guess they'll get in touch with you. Maybe list your full system specs too so they know what they're dealing with from the start.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Updated, multiplayer join working well, life is better :)

18. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Any difference's from 589?
    I'm guessing not with it saying.....
    Rel notes: Update 22 (Build 589-unstable, 590-release) Changelog (March 18, 2014):

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx ISI. good move biting the bullet and taking your time to fix.

Just did a brief check, fps dropped considerably. On the other hand reducing shadows now seems much less of a visible decrease but gains on fps. (rather have both of course)
    I reckon after 5 builds of auto updating I finaly need to do a fresh install :)

Oh and who says ISI don't listen, alt+M now sticks.

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I used the Update process and it failed exactly like does the previous build. This time I though about making some screenshots. After clicking the Update button the process went fine until it wanted to launch the SyncManager.exe program right after downloading it:

View attachment 12032

So I verified and the program is here in the update directory:

View attachment 12033

Then I pressed OK on the "Failed to launch SyncManager" window, closed the launcher (as no buttons here was clickable, no answer) and relaunched it. In the Update tab, the window said "local update found, press update to install it". This time all went find after I pressed the Update button:

View attachment 12034

I'm pretty sure to know what is the problem, why syncmanager.exe wasn't found the first time. It look like syncmanager.exe was just downloaded few milliseconds before the installer try to launch it like I can see on last report lines. It was unavailable because my Microsoft anti-virus probably locked it to scan it before authorizing its launch, and the installer don't have any management error in this case (wild guess). At least this look like a pretty good reason for this to fail... Implementing some tempo or some error and retry management could fix this kind of problem. As I said, this problem happened also on previous build (and possibly on the one before, can't remember).

Additional remark: before the error raised, the last line of text say: "Download Complete, Press Install or Update Automatically to complete update process.". As you can see I don't have any clickable "Install" or "Update Automatically" button on the screen...Does you guys have one if all goes fine and you don't meet this "syncmanager not found" problem?

In any case now update is complete, so time to plug my wheel! :)

Thanks ISI! :)