BUILD 394 3D Vision bug (wheels are not in 3d)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by E.Neytman, Mar 10, 2014.

1. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

So, i have a bug with 3D Vision on ASUS VG278HR and GeForce GTX 570 in 3D.

The bug is about the wheels - they are not displayed in 3D. Normally, if you increase 3D depth, you can see two separate pictures (without glasses of course). So in rF2 you can see all graphycs twice (so its ok), but wheels are always 2D like usual, so no two pictures. rF1 is ok.

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

It`s known bug - hoping for a fix too, but already a community patch:

Originally Posted by BazzaLB View Post
    I found a temporary workaround for the 3DVision tyre shader issue. I copied the 382 vs30_deformableTire.obj file from UserData\Log\Shaders 382 version directory into the equivalent 493 directory overwriting the 493 version (having run the 493 version at least once). These shaders are cached on startup and placed in this directory if they don't exist, otherwise the version in this directory is used instead (caching mechanism I assume). This allow the use of the previous shader version rather than the new shader (as I have effectively cached the 382 version instead). This works for me as the tyres now seem fixed.

Obviously, backup all affected files first and if you're not sure what you are doing, then don't do it. This is only for those who are desperate for working 3DVision in latest version (although I only tried it with my unstable version 493).

If you cock up the shader file, deleting it from this shader cache directory will result in it getting dumped and recached so recovering should be easy.

Obviously any enhancements that were made to this shader will be lost. I suppose I could try and fix the newer shader code to add depth via helix mod, but this is fine fir the moment I think.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

with the temporary work around if you change any graphical settings then you'll have to re-copy the file into the folder again

all a bit of a pain but hoping the official fix is fairly swift

4. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

If smb can upload this file, i will send cookies;)

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

6. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

Thanx!!!