NEED INFO Build 300 - dedicated server not producing time acceleration properly?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Ricklandia, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Hosted an event last night where the dedicated server was set to accelerate time by 3X. I do not believe it did so. Rechecked the dedicated profile post race and it was indeed set to 3X. Anyone else seen this?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you look at the Clock at all? I just did a 2 min test with 4x time acceleration and the clock was running 4x normal speed as you'd expect. Obviously I didn't stay long enough to see if the graphical time of day changed but I can't see why it wouldn't.

3. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

I did not, it was an online league event.
    Spent almost an entire week testing for it offline [we were trying to simulate a day-dusk-night event] and it all worked perfectly. However come race day, on the server it did not kick in. I'll test again when possible but I think it may be dedicated server related...

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just had an event with 4x acceleration and all sessions, including the race, accelerated correctly.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

[MENTION=7377]Ricklandia[/MENTION]; Have you been able to replicate this feeling again? While watching the clock? :)

6. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Tim,
    Thank you for replying, I'm afraid I lost track of this issue in the forum.
    In short, I have not had the time to try to replicate the issue but I will try to do so. We're inching closer to a full blown season with rF2 so I do want to eliminate as many issues as possible before we launch. I'll post results ASAP.