[Build 240] Recon lap, formation lap and standing start broken?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jorgen, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

I haven't changed anything in my player file from the previous build, and if I remember correctly, this did work in build 228. Now however, when the clock ticks down, it freezes on 00:01 for a few seconds and then the start sequence commences. If I try to drive the formation lap, I get a DQ for jumping the start. Is this a known issue in build 240?

2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Bump - ISI, or anyone else? (Or perhaps no one uses recon laps besides our league?)

3. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

We run formation/standing start for all our races with no issues.

4. JGraf

JGraf Registered

we TPTCC.com always run formation lap to standing start, never seen your issue.
    i always install fresh lite builds on our NRT server, no overwrites.

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Ok, formation, yes, but do you also use recon? (This problem manifests itself when the recon timer reaches zero)

6. JGraf

JGraf Registered

ah, ok... forgive my ignorance.
    typically a GT enthusiast, not that i don't like F1, i just don't follow it or it's rules.
    so...
    set PLR option to test:
    Code:
    Reconnaissance="1" // Reconnaissance laps
    the recon timmer did freeze at 00:01, the message to "begin formation lap" appeared shortly after, and the field took off like there arses were on fire, no formation lap was ran, the race just began.
    this was using formation/standing start.
    obviously something went haywire since the set formation lap wasn't ran, but no DQ was given, are you using another start type?

7. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Thanks for testing! No, I use recon, and then formation lap plus standing start. I got DQ'ed because I took off before the start sequence commenced, thinking that the formation lap was about to begin. :) Weird, this used to work before...

8. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

This is weird, I just ran a race using a dedicated server, and all of a sudden, recon, formation lap and standing start worked fine. I'll re-test again, this time without AI to see if it's a one-player-only bug, or a difference between racing offline and online.

EDIT: It worked fine online even with a single player.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013