[Build 240] DevMode PostFX modification doesn't work

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Kev, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Kev

Kev Registered

In devmode i cannot change any parameters of HDR profile. + and - buttons does nothing and circle modifier doesn't work too.
    HDR and PostFX is on in config.ini (btw, config.ini saves in wrong place again! same with tracelog)

2. Rik

Rik Registered

also showroom in dev mod has the old public build error with hdr.

3. Kev

Kev Registered

This is not an error. Just feature of this showroom. Select another if you don't like it.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

I seem to be able change HDR parameters with both +/- buttons and circle modifier in B240 SDK.

Agree on the 'config,ini', not sure why it's been moved to the root folder but it's been like that for a few builds now. Don't agree on the 'trace.txt' though that's in the place it's always been, ModDev\UserData\Log for me.

5. Kev

Kev Registered

Do you have core and data folders in the same spot? Tracelog written in core folder /Moddev/userdata/log for me (but should be in data folder).

6. MJP

MJP Registered

I have the core and data folders in the same root folder, Moddev is also installed there too, 'trace.txt' is in B240\ModDev\UserData\Log .

Unless I'm misunderstanding something you seem to have ModDev installed into the actual 'Core' folder!

7. Kev

Kev Registered

My SDK (as it should) installed into rFactor2 core folder with data folder same as rFactor2 data (separate) folder. There is no space for mistakes. :)

So i have:
    rFactor2
    +Core
    ++Launch rFactor.exe
    +Data
    ++Installed
    ++Manifests
    ++ModDev

8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I uninstalled rF2 completely and re-installed it using the 240 exe. Also did the devmod SDK 240 exe not as a update or over write. so basically I have what a new person just buying rF2.
    This had made a clear difference to the whole game.

Ok, to the point. HDR in dev. Not working and the config ini isn't anywhere in the dev folder. Alpha setting changes by using the alpha channel on textures also isn't working. the only way to adjust this after gmt import set up is to change the spec map. Is that something that doesn't work in this install or is Max settings?

It's hard to know whether we're wasting our time trying things with different setting or not when the game elements are off and on with every update.
    Devmode is far from sync with the single player mode as well. This makes it very hard to work on anything in dev mode when it's end result is so different in single player were HDR works.

9. Kev

Kev Registered

I actually abandoned all my modding work because of devmode become almost ususable.
    Seems like guys at ISI don't bother theirselves with maintaining devmode up to date with normal simulation leaving whole bunch of bugs untouched build over build.
    As professional programmer i understand that this is absolutely natural programmer's approach (i had this problem too on the begining of my career) but it is totally wrong.

10. MJP

MJP Registered

Whilst I agree devmode isn't in sync with the single player mode (not sure it ever has been) which seems a bizarre situation, I'm taking issue with yet again seeing someone claim there's no HDR in devmode. HDR does work in devmode, unlike the single player mode where there's an in game option, instead you have to edit the devmode 'config.ini' file.

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Devmode tries to write the config.ini to the rFactor2 Core folder. If the core folder is installed to the default location (program files (x86)), Windows will redirect the file to the virtual store (UAC).
    Possible locations of the config.ini:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 (This the Rfactor2 Core folder. If you rightclick the rF2 Launcher and select "run as admin" the config.ini will be stored here)
    C:\Users\WindowsUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 (If you run the Launcher with standard user permissions the you will find the config.ini here)