Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Pits, go in game, go to settings, on very first tab, the one that shows when you first get to settings, and on the bottom right you will see transparent trainer and lead time. Those are for the ghost car.

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I am in XP and i have the same exatle issue, with the same exatle error message posted by DJCruicky.

I am not a modder and rarely i open Dev Mode, so i noticed the issue only few hours after that build 118 was released and i reported the issue to ISI.

3. Pits

Pits Registered

Ty Gearjammer but mine doesn't have it, our club boss sent me his screen shot showing where but mines not there, I'm about to reinstall and fingers X'd.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Before you reinstall you might try deleting your PLR file and let it rebuild one and see if your UI is updated with the new features .It seems to have helped some ..

Question, can you see the new tab for REAL ROAD in Race settings page ? this is also fixed for some with new PLR so im wondering if that might be your case as well ??

Verry strange how some players update to 118 have these issues . For me i simply ran "auto update" ,the file was downloaded and installed with out a hitch .. I have not had any probs at all .. yet i see all this install chaos !

lol Im feeling verry lucky for that atm ..

good luck !

5. lbird

lbird Registered

I would recommend to completely remove everything except the "packages" folder, then reinstall and reinstall the mods. That helped me and solved a lot of issues, i was getting weird ffb response after a simple update. It is just a matter of a couple of minutes to do that and that is the only way of really telling if something is going seriously wrong....

6. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Agree with you, ArgoO, it's a great sim! I got a similar feeling with NetkarPro in the beginning but there wasn't AI...in rF2 there are and good enough.

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Hmm, it took over 4 hours more time to download full installer instead of over 1 hour for update, surely installation itself is quick, only 15 minutes or so with all mods.

Downloading all mods + full installer is days job, maybe bit more, not too fast connection here unstable 0.5M ;)

@Max Angelo, good to hear, so next update will probably have that fixed then :)

8. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I can't thank you enough! I was on the verge of deleting the entire game and then installing everything from scratch but deleting the shaders did the trick. I now have dry tracks :D

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you did a fresh folder yesterday your issue would have been non-existent to start with. ;)

If you have packages archived elsewhere, your setups and controller backed up it should take no longer then 15 minutes.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

so with help from friends at my league, I figured out the FPS problem with this build. I was using the in-game FSAA. In-game looks better than the NV control panel FSAA, but with the same settings, my frame rates TRIPLED using the NV setting. So now I can crank up all the other settings (everything max) and using the NV FSAA settings, I get over 80 FPS.

So what changed with the FSAA in build 118?

11. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

True. But considering how I'm not getting much time to play, I'd rather opt for the solution that just involves deleting a few files :p Hoping that I get to play a bit tonight :(

12. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I found something with 118 that I'm not so happy about ... just needed to have a run on different tracks to notice it.

There are darker patches on the road surface now that I hadn't seen earlier when driving around Nordschlieffe. At Monaco they appear on the walls as well. Actually Monaco was wet even though I had selected dry weather... and ideas what the cause is folks ?

13. Golly

Golly Registered

I updated via the update button in the launcher, no problem what so ever. 100% worked.
    118 Build has give this ATI user the opportunity to bump everything up to max from high and still get 15-20fps boost.
    Definately looking better for the future now.

Cheers
    Golly

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Lived with the update for a few days now, not had any of the issues with damp patches or zebra stripes and it seems to me a fair step forward in the core program. Would be nice to not only save real road, but to load it as well from the in race menu. But yes an increase in frame rate and a smoother feel.

15. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

A bit more reading through the thread got me the info I needed about the patchy areas on track... next time ahave a problem I will spend the time to find the info instead of asking anyone first. :rolleyes:

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

When you start an offline race, make sure you go to the practice-quali-race settings and choose Naturally Progressing for each session. For some reason, the Practice session is stuck on Green each time you go back into a race from the menu so each time you have to change it to NP. Green causes the zebra striping, NP looks normal.

One cool thing I like is that we can save the RealRoad state. I'm working up a track right now and after my first session, I saved RR after a long run and when I go back to practice, I just load that RR setting and the track is already rubbered in! So I have a pretty good idea of how the track will be for the race. If ISI fixes the zebra striping and makes it so that if we pick RR the setting sticks (that should be the default for each session anyway) then it's one more thing from the wishlist we can cross off.

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I wouldn't speak in generalities there. Just because you got a boost doesn't mean every ATI user did. I surely saw no performance increase.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

My answer was more for general information for people had problems with updates/installs.

You can scratch your head and bang around forums for hours or you can try process of elimination.

Personally I just do fresh folders for every full build and keep old folder till I test.

IE:
    1. Rename the original rF2 folder
    2. Install fresh full build to the original rF2 folder path. ( you can do as many installs as you like)
    3. Use the new data path the orginal package path, add your setups and controller backup.
    4. Test, when you happy ( 1-2 days ) move your packages and delete the second folder, or keep it.

So whenever you have a hour downtime which many in this thread and others had and will have in future ........ take 15 minutes to do a 2nd fresh folder, you never know. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  19. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

road & racegroove doesn't look right
    the groove is white

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  20. Pits

Pits Registered

Well fixed now after an uninstall and reinstall (ty ppl), ghost car is perfect (I'd expect nothing less and getting that these days), I'm also seeing these "wet patches" but I like the look of them so won't be reading up on the fix.
    Ghost car is great, as I said.

Just the rain fix to go :) a small ask but candy is nice.
    Honestly just how good is this getting, something for the Non-FBoys to throw-up to lol