Build 101 Lag over 15 Driver

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by ~IsR~Barabba, Aug 5, 2012.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thx Babs and IsR for the test server !
    I noticed the lag was bad my first run ,I have just reinstalled full v101 wiped all of rf2 and install went clean .. after my first test run (17 drivers) it was verry bad lag , I then went to the mp.ini and found that on the clean, fresh install the bandwidth was defalt on #2 ISDN 64k ! I changed this per Babs request for all clients in the test to #4 @256k and NO LAG ! i did see some crazy stuff going on when cars would make contact, shaking and wabbling ,but never once did any cars skip out of time ,dissapear nor did i see any rubberbanding ! I then for the 3rd run went back to mp.ini and changed to my true bandwidth (close with head room) like 700k up 4 m down , again NO LAG .. so dont know now if the defalt #2 @64k might be the caus of alot of the probs or if its real road off on the server along with the proper BW settings but the lag was gone for me ...

* another way to set your bandwidth is by using the "host " option from the launcher , easyer then opening up the mp.ini .. Simply click the "host" button follow the prompts for setting up a server , when you get to the page with bandwidth use the drop down to select the 256k or set it properly to your connection (your milage may very but 256 was rock solid for me) now you must compleet the launching of the server , wait for the server to go live (you will see the timer start and info will show on server page) this will overwrite your mp.ini .. exit and your all set to be client with proper BW....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thanks to all participants to test the 101, I confirm everything wrote friend kro388th .
    I think tonight we took a big step forward.
    The difference between the default file and the file edited properly be incredible.
    So Jeremy, I think this is the right way.
    maximum of 27 riders have been tonight, and the edited file to 256kbps, lag be gone by 95%, scarcely visible in the curve the car before jumping a little.
    With this change can be a good run in races with so many players.

Babs:D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  3. Why don't you share them with the community in order to improve the game?:confused:

4. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Some of these went out the window with the last build, sharing these might make it worse...

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I think your on to somthing .. yesterday the server was fine early then we started getting tons of the ("?" was removed blabla...") after the curent race was over ppl started joining again and drivers were stating/complaneing that they were trying to get in over and over as we were in qually then race but kept getting the connection error on ther end ..so it must be related ?? im guessing dev's know whats going on with this ??? mysterious .......lol

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This game is becoming unplayable online:(with 20players I had lag and 15fps and a lot of headache :mad:
    It's impossibile to make good races with this conditions bacause you can't see the road and there is an evidente lag in the steering wheel .

Tonight we were about 27players in the ISI server and it was awful for me because i couldn't see any one and a had an evident fps drop!

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Have you Tried to edit the file Multiplayer.Ini?
    Follow these instructions and you'll be able to play in a decent way.

to edit this file there are two ways:
    1) do it manually by opening the file multiplyer.ini, which is located in:
    Documents/rfactor2/userdata/player
    open the file and correct it as follows.

Net Connection Type="4" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
    Upstream Rated KBPS="256" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream Rated KBPS="256" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

SAVE and gaming :)

2) using the "host " option from the launcher follow the prompts for setting up a server , when you get to the page with bandwidth use the drop down to select the 256k or set it properly to your connection (your milage may very but 256 was rock solid for me) now you must compleet the launching of the server , wait for the server to go live (you will see the timer start and info will show on server page) this will overwrite your mp.ini .. exit and your all set to be client with proper BW....

Babs ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
  8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok,I will give it a try....
    Grazie

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

BTW changing up/down stream settings was one of the first things I did just after release.
    128 is not enough even for rFactor1 if you want to get smooth remote car movement. I was surprised about default rf2 settings, assuming that RR must take additional bandwidth.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No edits needed......:) Just start HOST, set the data rate, MP retains it, did mine. ? :confused:

11. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

It take it Babs...That the above settings are for some-one trying to host to connect to a dedicated server?

For a dedicated commercial server at a Colo,Like we offer, the settings are:

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2012 ]] [[ ]]
    [MULTIPLAYER]
    [ Multiplayer General Options ]
    Net Connection Type="6" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
    Upstream Rated KBPS="8042" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream Rated KBPS="8042" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

Dave

12. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Perhaps you think that we are all beginners .
    We hosting Server for Championships for 6 years.
    So I think we know how Work a Server .

I think your target in this community is only offer your server.

Best Regards

~IsR~Barabba

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:rolleyes::confused:

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

lol No dave this info is just for clients ..If the clients simply leave the settings as defalt its set to ISDN@64k , this is causing the bad lag (atm) we are simply telling drivers another way of changing ther bandwidth by using the "host option" to get the the bandwidth "drop down" to change to ther proper BW via the game as it overwrites the multiplayer.ini ,as you im sure know ;-) (unless they do have ISDN@64) rather than go into the userdata/player/multiplayer.ini to do the edits ..so 2 ways to do it ..... thats all ..;)

15. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

No...I sure don't...I thought maybe you had found something. We had been told by the developer of another tittle with the ISI engine, to reduce the up/down bandwidth a bit.

Sorry you think this is all about selling something... If the issue is in the settings on the server side, what use would it be to have some-one with a lagy server try to race on it?

16. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Thanks for the reply...I was just asking a simple question if Bab's thought it was server or client side that the issue might be.

Dave

17. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I think that the situation be clear,for the problem of lag,that have come with Build 101.
    I Think you understand very well,reading the previous posts and pages.
    We as ISR,we are doing everything possible to inform all riders who come to our server every night, and now the situation improved a lot, making edit Multiplayer.ini
    and this can be confirmed even friends who are following this thread, and run with us in the evening with 25/30 drivers on the track.

I do not want make controversy with you,I thought you had understood the whole speech discussed in this thread.
    Then you said that you have any tricks,which is not revealed to anyone, and just keep them for you inside.
    I think this is wrong,and put your person in a bad light.
    We at ISR, we conducted tests for the ISI, and we did very gladly,ISI want,we make again Test.
    To make sure that rFactor 2 will become the best simulator of all time, I think we need to give maximum support to ISI, and we think we're doing.

If you want we can work together.
    If you do not want,for me to not be a big problem.
    With this I close this discourse,and for me it ends here.
    You decide what to be best for you.

Sorry for my bad english,i help with Translation

Babs:)

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes i can confirm what Babs is saying in the above post .yesterday I have joined ISR server without editing the ini.multiplayer and i had the same issues of actual build1.01 but tonight after editing the ini.multiplayer as adviced by Babs the situation is improved a lot!:)

19. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Babs:

It is all good..:)

The tricks I spoke about worked for the build before 101..with the 101 build, it made the dedicated unstable at times when players joined.

What we were doing is creating a bat file to launch the dedicated.exe. and putting in a statement to force it to load only 1 core per instance.
    below is the Bat file:

RF2_Core_1.bat

start /min rFactor2Dedicated.exe +procmask=1

RF2_Core_2.bat

start /min rFactor2Dedicated.exe +procmask=2

And so on.....

This forces the dedicated to set the infinity to just 1 core.

You must take the space out of the rFactor2 Dedicated.exe

and rename it like below, the bat file will not read spaces

rFactor2Dedicated.exe

Now whether or not this shows any promise with the patch for 101. I am not sure.

20. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Ok Dave
    Thanks for the info, maybe I'll try this solution ;).
    We also hope in a future release by ISI for a fix, or a new Build.

Babs:D