Build 101 Lag over 15 Driver

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by ~IsR~Barabba, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thanks for your answer,we know that you will solve in a short time.

Babs:D

2. Speedkiss

Speedkiss Registered

exactly the same for me

1 person likes this.
  3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hmm I havent seen any lag but the most players ive raced with this build so far was 14 at mills with the cleos , for me no lag but i have my visable cars set to 8 could be the reason ??

also with 101 I am able to turn off all the tweeks to stop stuttering like max renders frames , vsync , ectt... have them back to defalt with vsync off and steady 60 fps with 90% max settings ,:)

4. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

I have a test version if there is any team out there that has seen the problem and is willing to try a small update to see if it still occurs. If you are interested, PM me. Thanks.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Just to add my 2 cents I joined a few servers to try and see what this was all about. It only seemed to be an issue on race starts and first lap when there were lots of cars on the server ~20 (although others seem to report it with as little as 15). Half the problem was you'd get a load of people on a server but by the time you'd gone through the practice and qual come the race you'd usually have less than 15 cars still on the server lol.

Anyway back to the couple of races that did start with lots of cars, I started from the back and noticed what I initially thought were stationary cars (and other cars running into the back of other cars too). As I made my way past these 'stationary' cars I realised they weren't actually stationary they were moving albeit very slowly, just like they were suffering the 'slo-mo' effect when falling out of realtime. I mention this because halfway round the first lap I too unexpectedly suffered from the 'slo-mo' effect. I race with the graphic/physics bars displayed and immediately saw that the purple bar had gone full (it usually sits around half way).

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I've experienced the slow-mo affect too.

7. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Amyone trying Gjon's fix ? , I have it now and was looking for a server marked with the test .. I could put a server up but it would simply be my install in "host moad" with me joining as well .not sure if this would be a proper test ?? but I will put it up if no other servers are running ..

Thx !!

8. domsai

domsai Registered

Tests in progress . Wait reply

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  9. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

observed lags even with 5 cars
    p.s. ping 39

10. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

~IsR~ has a server running with the Clio All Tracks.
    If someone wants to participate, register in ~IsR~,and send me private message.
    At 20-00 hours Europe will begin testing.

Babs:D

11. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

First evening test.
    I'd say all Well,by the time we tried it with a maximum of 16 clients, Lag = 0
    Sunday we will be more, and see what will happen, I think the 102, works fine.

Babs: D

12. MJP

MJP Registered

Really could do with at least 20+ on the actual start grid, I know the races I was in and saw problems had 20+ drivers, other races always seemed to end up with less cars at race start by the time practice and quali had been run.

1 person likes this.
  13. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

You are invited to participate in the test if you want:D.
    We just received the update yesterday,so be difficult to organize everything in one day.
    I think tonight we might be more numerous.
    I can also say that I am sure that the 102 works well, because already with 14/5 cars, lag appeared once strong, and tonight after four hours of testing, we have not accused any lag.

Babs;)

14. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

In the last test with 23 cars on track, the problem of lag and back.
    Practically be equal to the Build 101.
    I spent a video of the problem to an administrator, put that in the internal section of the ISI.
    Thanks to all the guys who came to take the test.
    If there are other tests, I hope that you will return to try any new Build.

Babs:)

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I was there and I saw cars jump one over each other and cars disappeared suddenly and reappear at the start of the race!

16. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Thanks to everyone for testing and the help. If any wants to continue use 102 please do so. Its a important test. Given solid reports we can eliminate or implicate a significant change I made in 101's to the network code.

Thank Babs for solid report, if you don't mind, please continue to use 102. It seems like 102 helped but I completely understand if you want to roll back.

17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I was there for the test Sunday. Was very strange to have this happening. rF has been known to have the reputation of a strong working net code. What happened ISI? The cars apearing and disapearing and running into cars that arent visible. Something has gone teribly wrong here. Hope you get fixed soon. I know your working hard on it. 102 helped very little IMHO. We finished the race and after was done, just restarted race and boy all hell broke loose. Seemed like the top 10 cars were able to continue but there on back, well I left since I couldnt see anyone and went back to 101. Tx for your hard work ISI. I have faith that will be fixed soon.

Edit: Build 90 was good. Is there anywhere we can get that?

18. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

I'm having the same problems + Connection lost on several different servers & mods:(

19. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

We will continue with the 102, we are trying new things in the file multiplayer.ini
    It seems there is a marked improvement host a session from the client, putting custom and raising the connection download and upload.
    I saw that Ping halved.
    if I saw first pilots with 100 ping, now I have 50.

Babs:)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  20. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Build 102 has the netcode from build 90. The only change between build 101 and 102 is that 102 has reverted the netcode to what originally shipped in build 90.

So at this point, given the less than glowing reponses for build 102, I am guessing it is not the net code change I made for 101. But that is just a guess at this point. We are still working on. Thanks for the help.