BUG - Uninstalling vmod, uninstall the vehicle and track components

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MaD_King, Jan 19, 2015.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, on build 910 (and previous ones), when I un-install a vmod, the content linked to this vmod is uninstalled too.

I have a vehicle, a track and a sound component, and the vehicle and track are uninstalled when I uninstall my vmod using the mod manager.

I have this issue since long time now.

Anyone with this bug?
    ISI are you aware about this bug?

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think this was meant to be a "feature" but it's annoying if you ask me. Lately I have been deleting vmods manually in the file system rather than the ModMgr.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Very annoying, yes!

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Understand the link now, but for me, it will be a feature when the Prototype Server will be finished and operational to replace the current one (that associate track and car manually), and so we don't need to do our vmod manually.

I'm right?

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

How would that explain why components "needs" to be uninstalled together with the rfmods ? Clints will still need components installed to install an rfmod requiring these.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Even once the proto dedi UI is done I still don't see why we would want components to be uninstalled along with a vmod. In our league we may update one component in our mod and build a new vmod that has all the old components along with the one new updated component. So now I jump on the server to install the new vmod and before installing the new vmod I uninstall the old one and now it uninstalls the components and I realize I don't have a copy of all the rfcmp files on the server so I am forced to download all of them all over again before I can install our new vmod. It's a pain in the......

Just think if someone has a component installed and no longer have access to the original rfcmp file and then they uninstall a vmod and poof... there goes that component that they can't find a download link to anymore. The export button on my GetMod Manager tool will let you highlight an installed component and then export an rfcmp for it. So at least someone could backup installed components that they don't have rfcmp files for anymore.

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You are together right, I agree, my remark was wrong, no need to remove components when a vmod is un-installed (manually or automatically).

So it's really a bug, need to ISI fix it please.

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

However it "only" uninstalls, package files are intact, but very frustrating having to manually locate and install ALL components again - think it's close to 17-18 for our leagues .rfmod :p

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes, the package files are intact.... if you happen to still have them around.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I never delete 'active' packages :)

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

But it is a waste of space on a dedi server.

12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

It's a very annoying bug -.-

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I hope this wasn't a intentionally added feature because whoever thinks this is a feature should really reconsider.

14. Juergen Muench

Juergen Muench Registered

Push...
    Build 930
    It´s still the same problem. Actually, it gets worse.
    Not, only the location or vehicle files will be uninstalled, too, also the TMTire sounds files.

In case of the new build I decided to clean up my Mod Manager a little. After I had deleted some vmod´s I wanted to create a new vmod. It didn´t work because the TMTire sounds were missing. I recognized it during the uninstall procedure but I thought it will come back somehow ;)
    I had good luck because I installed rFactor again on this rFactor installation but the files were still away. I´ve another installation on my server so I could easily copy the files. But it´s still annoying, and for some guys who can´t handle such problems is this a big problem.
    Another example, we can easily install ISI-content with the Launcher. The download starts and it will be installed after a few minutes. After I had uninstalled a vMOD with the new Silverstone, which I installed on my Client PC with the Launcher, I had to download and install the Silverstone again. Due the Launcher installation I have no .rfcmp Package of this track. Btw: I like the Launcher and the ability to install stuff directly with the Launcher.

I hope ISI will change this uninstall routine, so only the vmod file will be uninstalled.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Old vmods do this but new vmods made with the new mas2 should not have this problem anymore.

16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ok thanks. We will give it a try :cool:

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Please ISI, change your mind on this being a feature. It just makes no sense to do this. I really don't understand the logic behind this.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Still getting this with build 998

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This BUG has caused me nothing but hassle today.... a simple task testing various mods, no.... an absolute mess with mods saying they were installed, then they weren't, then GMT/DDS errors occurring etc etc...

If I had hair, I would have pulled it out!!

20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Can't confirm this bug. It's gone since i believe build ??910/930?? I uninstalled 3 vMods and all rfcmps stayed installed.

Do you know with which version of mod manager the vMods were build?