Bug Report- update and mod manager

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jjcook, May 25, 2012.

1. jjcook

jjcook Registered

This is a report of some bugs that cost me some time to get sorted- not sure where else to post this so put it here in this section: I did manage to get things working but experienced the following bugs:

1)-I initially used the 69 to 85 update file and updates to the mods- I got them installed and the sim started up fine showing all mods- however- upon entering the track - the light was extreme and unsuable- way too bright- I think caused by HDR enabled. When i disabled HDR the screen was black. I tried various enabling and disabling of video effects with no other result.

2) started over - deleted everything- and used the full 85 install. However- after putting the mods and updates in the 'packages' folder i experienced two errors. A) 60's cars would not verify and thereby could not install. Redownloaded that file and tried again- leading to B)- not all the mods appeared in the mod manager when i opened it- 60's no longer appeared, or meganes or GT's- i got the masters and f3.5's ok but the others simply did not appear in the list- i changed the view to 'show all' and back to 'mods only' a couple times and hit 'refresh' and the gt's and meganes appeared- got them installed with their updates

3) getting frustrated again at not being able to 'see' the 60's mod- i viewed some advice here on the forum to open mod manager from the core folder- i did that- it showed the 60's mod and the other mods as not installed- i installed the 60's cars from there and left the others as i knew they were already intalled

After all this: i opened mod manager again from the launch screen and all appeared fine. Loaded sim - all seems to be working and the too bright issue gone

I am only using ISI stuff here - so no others bits got in the way.

These seem to be 'update and mod manager bugs'

2. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Can't install mods after full install update.

1. Uninstalled mods.
    2. DL full 85 and run.
    3. Check rF2, says 85.
    4. DL all mods (not 60's) and updates to packages folder.
    5. Open rF2/ Manage Mods. = Unable to Install Mods.
    6. Delete files and DL again.
    7. Same result.
    8. Scream.
    9. Grab a beer and start good old rF1.

EDIT: I got the mods in but, Megane and Endu at Mills have a view out the back and mostly black and forward gears drive the car backward because the view is out the back. FMaster ok. Then I gave up.

EDIT2: now all cars only view out the back. I give up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  3. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I can´t even enter rF2 after updating: got runtime error...any clues, please?

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

The First thing to try i believe is 'uninstall from windows control panel' - then- delete my documents folder- start over fresh with full 85 - that will re-install runtimes

if that creates problems with installing mods-go to program files/rfcator 2/ core/ and run mod manager from there.....

5. expdom

expdom Registered

Tried all that, after uninstalling and cleaning all folders left behind and same thing. ModManager (in core folder) and managing mods from launcher can't get to agree with each other.

Game starts but crashes with whatever car when loading any track. Works in dev mode though

I also give up (for the time being.. :))

6. rer8

rer8 Registered

There has got to be a better way....

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  7. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    lol
    If you hate this game lol then stop because it's not a game but a beta. :)
    And who says says beta test :)

8. Draven

Draven Registered

Hi,

I had similar problems post 85 upgrade, basically all series and vehicles are there, but when you start to drive it will flick to a backward looking view.... a little hard to drive that way....i have tried several re-installs in a particular order and ensured that rFM is the right version but still have the rear looking problem .......i guess that is what you should expect from a beta version.