BTCC Next Generation, all cars in a mod not working, why?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MrBTCC, May 26, 2021.

1. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and I really need some help with rFactor2 modding and wondered if someone could kindly help me. When I try and create a custom mod using the MAS program and try and package all 6 BTCC next generation cars the package will get created successfully, I am able to install from the same MAS screen as I packaged it but if I try and give this mod to my friends or install the mod using the modmgr or the package screen on the old ui it gives "Verification Failed". I have traced the issue down to the Mercedes and the Astra, if I package the MG6, Ford, BMW & Subaru I do not get Verification Failed, this is only to do with the Mercedes and Astra being used in the mod.
    I also get this issue when trying to package more than one model in the WTCR2018 RF2 mod. I have contacted the developer but Tommy who has said that he doesn't know the cause. Did something change last year in RF2 that is causing this problem as I don't remember ever getting this error before 2020.
    Does anyone know what is going on here? I see the Mercedes and the Astra being used in this mod all the time on the internet :-(.

2. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

I think i can now answer my own question but I would appreciate peoples views on whether this is the real cause. this information might be useful for other new players creating mods and getting lost with "Verification Failed" when installing the mod packages.

The WTCR2018 developer helped me today by making me a test mod of the 7 WTCR cars along with Silverstone 2.12. His mod he gave me was 11kb and mine are always around 1-4gb in size. This stood out like a sore thumb. When i remade my mod today i did not select the tracks and cars to be packaged into the mod and left the tracks and cars all unticked but in the other box i picked the drivers I wanted and picked Silverstone National then I packaged the mod. This created the 11kb mod file rather than the massive 1gb mod file. This mod package now installs via the old ui package section without any Verification Failed message. I then moved this mod package to my other gaming PC to ensure it would work and it installed on there also with no issues.

This is great news as I am now understanding how to keep away from this "Verification Failed" error but does anyone understand technically what is going on here?