BTCC Content

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by wrff.tiger@gmail, Jul 24, 2022.

1. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Does anyone know if studio-397 plans to release more BTCC content? Is the plan to eventually have the full 2021 grid? I have really enjoyed the toyota and infinity but I would love to see all the cars in the sim. What do you guys think?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I doubt we will see a full grid, nor all the tracks, after all, with the exception of the FormulaE, have we ever seen a full anything????. But we should see more, one would think these next two quarterly releases could have more FWD & RWD examples like Honda & BMW. But we won't know for sure for another couple of weeks.

wrff.tiger@gmail likes this.
  3. wrff.tiger@gmail

Well, one can dream I guess. I’ve really been enjoying the new content. Looking forward to whatever new content is coming.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Regardless of whether more BTCC content comes out, I think it hasn't been very productive for them

5. wrff.tiger@gmail

Idk, I have enjoyed the BTCC content very much and have only heard positive reviews of it. Surely that means something. I know I will be a purchaser of any future BTCC content as long as it is of the same quality.

Emery likes this.
  6. SunBro

SunBro Registered

I think the rest of the grid + oulton + snetterton would be great enough. The rest of the btcc tracks don't really make financial sense for rf2. They can't take the risk of bringing in niche content.

Simracing is already niche enough as it is.

7. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

personally for me this is the best License i have bought on rf2 the cars are great to see, hear and drive! i hope to see many more!
    6 cars & 5 tracks for full series it's possible in 2 dlc to do it i believe, i hope!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I remember honda being confirmed by s397 youtube comment.
    (which i can't find).
    So atleast we will get 1-2 more btcc cars imo.
    not sure about btcc tracks though.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

remember they want to prep the consumer to buy the BTCC title when it comes out. If we, in rF2-land have all the cars and all the tracks, there is less of a reason for rF2 users to buy

10. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

11. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

I don't think the target audience is the same, and it's scheduled for 2024 so...

"Further, Motorsport Games plans to add additional BTCC branded content into the rFactor 2 simulation platform, which would also host regular BTCC esports events. Motorsport Games and rFactor 2 added the Infiniti Q50 and Toyota Corolla BTCC cars into the simulation for fans to drive as part of a first content rollout. Daily BTCC competitions through the rFactor 2 competition system will be open to all users, allowing for statistics-driven benefits to each driver’s rating. All content released via rFactor 2 will be utilized as a technical test bed, allowing consumers and official drivers to provide feedback for the development team and help build the best experience upon full release."

https://racesimcentral.net/dedicated-btcc-title-delayed-until-2024-using-rfactor-2-until-then/

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

mod nothing interesting... and the front-wheel drive even less interesting... but if they believe that this is the objective we go there:)

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Understood, and I agree that the typical rF2 user may not be the target audience for the MSG version of the BTCC, but enough folks here have purchased TOCA even tho that never rose to rF2's level of feel. Like a Lady looking to land the Man of her Dreams, she doesn't give away ALL of the Candy Store, she keeps them coming back for more. I suspect we will see more BTCC content, maybe even most just as the press release stated. I would be surprised, however, if we saw ALL of the BTCC. Just like I don't think we'll get all the Indycar circuits. At this stage of S397's existence, we are getting close to having all of the WEC tracks. But that is only 6 tracks for 2022. (and I'm not hopeful we'll see the WEC "SPECIFIC" layout of Sebring.) ((C'mon S397, 5$ for previous purchasers of the original Sebring package!!!))
    (((btw: how many years have ACC users been crying for the Mustang & Supra in a title specifically focused on that arena? Or here for the Lambo/NSX/Lexus missing GT3s?)))

leseb64 likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Couldn't disagree more about FWD. A nice change of pace from the rest of the fleet.(of course NOW I have to support the AMG GT3.....)

leseb64 likes this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

for disagreeing with me, there is no more reason ... in any case, there is nothing written about tastes ... I think that the sales of the BTCC have not been very good .... but as I say, even if they had had many that I doubt it, if it is the objective we go there, there is no problem here

davehenrie likes this.
  16. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

It's true that it's one of the most frustrating things about rF2 to never have a complete series... (except the electric pans which I hate)
    When the BTCC I understand they are so much better than the GT3/GTE/LMP people who don't buy it are missing out on a great series to do, and it's a shame the Friday races aren't more popular, yet when it came out there were over 40 participants on the server when it was released!

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

when BTCC came out perhaps, currently it is a totally different story, on the other hand the GT3, GTE, LMP races at an international level in the rfactor communities, is full of resistance races, in which it is difficult to even get a place.... so what one personally wants is one thing and what happens is quite another, but as I have already said, if that is the objective, let's go there, except for the electric cars, the official content I have everything, including the first formula E that came out, which By the way I have hardly used it, it was a disappointment

leseb64 likes this.
  18. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

i'm also not a fan of electronic race either. Btcc is great but my gripe is that they are too heavy , lack power and they all have same engine (front engine 4 cylinder turbo).
    GT cars have much more diversity, you got FR,MR,RR ....all with unique engine, some have V8 some have v10 , flat 6 ...so on.
    I think the saturation of gt cars in practically every sim and simcade have make them boring and under appreciated.

Although i will give one plus point to btcc compared to gt is that they have fwd racing against rwd, which adds more flavour.
    i'm waiting for whole btcc car pack, if content is appealing and most importantly fairly priced then i will buy it.
    Compared to ACC i can get 3 laser scanned tracks for nearly same price of 2 btcc cars.
    (seriously btcc car pack is only 10% cheaper than recently released american track pack at ACC, lol).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

I'm fed up of GTs.
    GTs are in fashion and everyone want to drive GTs
    There is a sim focused only on GTs.
    rF2 is supossedly an open simulator and should simulate more variety of races.
    Everything different to Gts is wellcome.
    BTCCs are good news.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    leseb64 likes this.
  20. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

comparing price between sims makes no sense, and for the price of the btcc dlc I could say I only have 2 tracks on iracing but that makes no sense!