BSOD help

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by baked bean, Oct 24, 2012.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi, i started getting bsod a lot lately but have no idea whats the cause, my puter is not that old only had it less than a year.
    Heres the screen i get View attachment 4431 .

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Gosh, not seen that screen for a while, not nice

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Lucky me gets to see it every other day now ;)

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I saw that a lot about 3-4 months ago. Doincked around forever trying to fix it. Even tried reinstalling windows but had failure during that process. Finally figured it was hardware problem, either mobo, memory. Removed one of my two memory sticks and the problem quit. Put it back in and BSOD returned. Bought identical replacement mem stick and all happy ever since.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The error on that screen usually indicates something happened with the hardware of your system. Start off with cleaning the dust out of the inside and making sure that the fan on the CPU is functioning. Update all of your system drivers to ensure that you have the latest drivers.

Let us know what happens after you do that.
    Jim

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

7. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

I had that error a few months back too. It was dodgy connections to the ram! I popped the ram in and out a few times and things have been ok since. I think the metal spring type connections on the board were going abit weak or dirty.

8. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You can try to run some memory tests for start. Also depending on exactly how old your CPU is you might have to have it checked. I remember that some of the first released i5 2500K had some factory defect related to memory controller (that is integrated into the CPU). Of course it should be still in warranty so you would get a free replacement (but waiting for it is a pain).