BSIMRACING article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

rF2 is by far my favorite sim, is that the problem?

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

3. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Is there a reason why i can´t join the offical ISI Server?
    I use the actual Build 590 and all ISI Mods are up to date.

cheers Marcus

4. filippu

filippu Registered

GPL lasted more than 10 years, and except for the couple of Monza servers, vroc didn't have much pickup racing. NR2003 wasn't much better either. But yeah, good point ! :rolleyes:

5. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Flat out wrong.

Both of those sims also had the advantage of being the only thing out there for what they were doing. No one has dedicated a sim solely to historic race cars, no one besides iRacing and The Sim Factory did oval racing - and even then that was about 5 years well after NR03 released, and still neither did oval racing better. rF2 does not have that luxury when you consider the market right now and in the next few years.

Both also almost certainly sold much better than rF2 has considering they were boxed retail items, NR03 carrying the all powerful NASCAR license to boot.

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Spot on good comment.

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I checked the lobby before to post ... ATM are online 150+ users.

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

+1 on the comments that the netcode needs work. It's part of the reason I race mostly offline.

9. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

This is server list right now 8pm GMT sunday

http://i.imgur.com/DtndCK6.jpg

View attachment 12310

One public non passworded server with enough users to have a race.

10. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Sunday Night is league Night isnt it?

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the trouble with the rf2 crowd is they spend all their time on the ISI forums

....hang on a second what am I doing :D

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Talking about driving on the limit ..... yeah ...... has TC on ........ wait ...... hmmm

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I partly agree with EmptyBox and others....

I will always play the sim with the best physics no matter what as that is my priority (physics, since I can't do it in real-life) HOWEVER for the product as a whole (who am I?! Just one irrelevant person) it NEEDS A MUCH BETTER AND EASIER AND LESS 1994 ONLINE SYSTEM. It's not just the netcode, it's the entire online system. I had a friend over and I was trying to sell him on his first sim ever (he picked rF2 after 7 days of playing sims, 2 days for AC, 3 for GSC, and 2 for rF2)....

Well the online hassle was a complete embarrassment. Most servers were locked, the other ones that didn't you couldn't even join anyways because they would have 1 or 2 tracks listed that you didn't have. 10 minutes later I downloaded Dallas Kart 1.1F and Soto kart, no problem, not bad at all, but I still couldn't join because I had to still download Infineon Kart and Joesvelle... WE SPENT AN HOUR LOOKING FOR THESE BLOODY TRACKS AND COULDN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE. He finally said "FORGET IT THIS IS BRUTAL". The auto-download of car and/or tracks never works and it even sometimes has a progress bar that looks like it downloads and then even says success, WTF lol. Then the online system doesn't even tell you where to get all the tracks they are using, there is no description box thing for each server like in rF1. Online experience is overall just terrible. Not to mention bad netcode with warping and just weird slot-car floating frictionlessly above the track surface stuff happening quite often.

The online part was a complete embarrassment! He even said he could live with the netcode once on the track but the whole vmod things, looking for tracks, not being able to join any servers because he didn't have just one track listed in the vmod track list, not to mention all the locked servers, etc. was just a disaster.

The graphics are being improved, in some ways they are already pretty awesome (depending on car, track, time of day etc), also, ISI themselves have pretty much stated that the focus has only really started going towards graphics as of recent builds (I think it was stated as of b380) so graphics isn't really a concern, sound engine isn't a concern, FFB isn't, physics OBVIOUSLY isn't (well it is to some, which just absolutely blows my mind), U.I. isn't a concern either with the kart U.I. from ISI but more so the Minimalist U.I. mod, game crashes aren't really a problem (game never crashes for me, ever), IT'S THE ONLINE SYSTEM THAT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON WITH FULL AFTERBURNERS.

With regards to the sites and their bias I have to disagree, I do believe that many like to hate on rF2. I bet if the the rF2 physics and FFB where identical to how they currently are but ISI had the fancy modern-day graphics of AC and pcars, with all the promo videos, pumping out previews and screenshots, licensing all the hottest roadcars around, etc. etc. I bet there wouldn't be all this negativity towards rF2. Most people just go towards graphics and "coolness" factor, then they bash and hate on a product which looks and "seems" dated and "underground" and not pumped up and "cool", even though technically it may be superior underneath the skin.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm currently using rf2 offline mainly,
    although I've been fairly active in the past online in Iracing but hope to be in an rf2
    online league soon

does anyone have a vid demonstrating rf2's "bad" net code?

15. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

that can not keep the thesis, of average 15 Drivers given on any moment, right?

16. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

And? The BS article says

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Rf2 online play has been broken for 3-4 weeks and counting. Sometimes you Can join sometimes not. The greyed out join button issue...Surely it wont make things better to have such an issue unsolved for so long. So no... Multiplayer is actually not alive and Well imo.

That Said i Think so many great things have happened the last few builds - car shadows, automated HDR etc that im very optimistic about rf2 atm. I Think we are close to a very solid base.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In no other sim have I been able to race wheel-to-wheel. I'm not sure people know what they are talking about when they say the rF2 netcode is no good. rF2 is by far the best of any sim I have tried before. Granted, I have not tried iRacing. Anyone who moves to AC to mod or talks about the AC netcode is a fool. AC is a complete unknown; I hope it is as good as the fantasies of so many make it out to be, but the fact is, AC has nothing but pretty graphics right now. Same with pCARS or RRRE. rF2 is the ONLY current gen sim build around the online experience.

I may be a fanboy, I don't know. The reason I am a fan is because the things that are important to me- racing wheel-to-wheel, dynamic realroad, weather, great tire model with flat spotting- are what rF2 have. The reviews I have read so far are all based on the graphics and that rF2 is DX9- people just cannot get over that.

19. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

People tend to mess everything.
    First things first.

Never read anywhere that ISI and their RF2 want to be a top seller. Thats the fact one and that people need to understand in first place. ISI guys are working on something which pretends to be as realistic as a racing software can be and they are not so focused on some aspects others are (graphics, hype all around, publicity, etc). I believe thats their goal and not the money top table or the crowded multiplayer. Much probably if they need to sell more/crowd more then they will hype all the content for months like some do and not release things like they did with the karts/panoz (out almost of nowhere). Thats not a problem and people are not "burying head in the sand". People which look to things as they are understand that this is not a mass market title.....even if some want it to be. Its a title in a niche market adressed to a specific type of costumers.

And this thread is not about rf2/ac/nfs/whatever confrotation. Its about an article which obviously compare RF2 multiplayer with titles wich even dont have it. Article also tends to be against rf2 in all his content (mooding leaving rf2?!?). I personaly dont read anything about all the good and innovated stuff that ISI brought to simracing scene.

STOP all the AC-RF2-IRACING-PCARS-GSC confrontations.

I dont care if AC is better or if PCars has better graphics. I care about articles which obvious are not unbiased and which led to misunderstandings in the general public.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

We don't need his help to destroy rFactor2 we do a great job as it is ?

No permission crap, inferior conversions, constant complaining , unreasonable requests, infighting.

lopl