British Touring Cars + Support Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fastfezzer, Apr 18, 2012.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

BTCC for the win.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

BTCC 2009 by Pashok33, it's over at NoGrip but the douchebag Humpdumpster or Hempfester or pussblister or whatever the loser's name is- banned me (because he gets his jollies from doing that) so you'll have to find it over there yourself. Everyone ends up banned from that site eventually because it makes him feel big.

http://www.simracingworld.com/files/download/2233-btcc-2009-gtr-evolution-mod/ I found this link also.

I used to have it hosted at Megaupload.... I had a trackpack on MU as well. If you search around you can find all the 09 BTCC tracks out there though. I think I have the mod and the trackpack still tucked away on a laptop here at the house somewhere, but the places to host this stuff are dwindling. Thanks for saving us from ourselves FBI!

Pashok's mod doesn't have all the cars from the 09 season but most cars are there and all the title contenders and big teams are there. Gio and Plato can battle to the end again and again! As I said before- Rockingham is not accurate (eh- close enough) but the rest of the tracks are a lot of fun. The AI has a REALLY hard time with braking before the final chicane at Thruxton and the AI at Knockhill can be comical. Otherwise, stay far to the left when braking for that chicane and avoid the carnage at McIntyre you'll be fine.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Pro Tip: Do not use the forums at No Grip. The moderators are clinically insane. ;)

4. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

Holy crap, I'd love to play BTCC in RF2. +1 :D

5. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

I did find NoGrip a bit clicky and no longer post there.

6. coops

coops Banned

in rf1 when i joined a league i played BTCC would love to see in rf2.

7. keanos

keanos Registered

I heard some months before, that the BTCC-License is still in the hands of Codemasters, don't know if this is really true, but if it is, than we will not see something like BTCC in any other game, except of some single cars like the Honda Civic in iRacing.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I'm not gonna lie to you fellas. The BTCC and WTCC lured me in simply because of the paint jobs. I'll admit it, I'm a grown man but when I saw the liveries I was like a kid in a candy store. It comes from getting ideas for liveries to recreate in Forza and I wanted something good to recreate. So if I did all that work to make a livery you know I'm gonna want to drive the car too. And if I'm gonna drive it I might as well put it in it's natural environment so that's when I got hooked in. lol.

I would love to see a mod based on BTCC/WTCC action. That way someone else could do the work this time ;) lol

I had actually started a multi-legaue race based on these cars (or as close to them as I could get)
    Here's some of the liveries I made and a few vids of that. I didn't make all the liveries in the videos as I had some talented guys work with me to help create the various series but I did make the two liveries pictured below as well as a few others. Would LOVE to do this in rFactor2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Another vid just for FYI:

I really wish someone would come out with this mod. It's one of the reasons I got hooked on Race07. Hell you can really say it's the reason a few months ago I dropped a G and built a gaming rig in the first place. And the reason why I have rF2 also. All roads lead to ... well you know ;)

11. David Wright 67

David Wright 67 Registered

Is the suggestion that Codies have the rights to the BTCC a recent one? This article certainly suggests they didn't have it last year.

http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news-pc/codemasters-toca-revisit.html

Just because you once made a game with the license doesn't mean you own the license for ever. ISI used to make F1 and NASCAR sims, and Simbin don't seem to have the FIA GT license any more.

Its my understanding that its Alan Gowe/TOCA who have in the past taken action against BTCC mods, not Codies.

As for the general idea - love the BTCC tracks. Agree the current championship is a shadow of what it was in the 90s - the days of TOCA and TOCA2.

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Oh how I would love BTCC in rF2. Anyone needing a hit we are running it every couple of weeks in Race 07 over at 2O2R, you will find us at 2old2play.com, just look for the 2O2R forum and give me a shout.

13. Radar

Radar Registered

I too would love to see this series in rF2. I've raced the 2010 series for rF1 which had the Ford Focus, Civic etc and it was great fun, but it was an in house combination of mods and edited files to make them balanced but also close to the real data ie engine size, weights, top speeds etc. However being in house it was not one to be released as it was a combination of mods and only used within the group..

So for me, this would be nice to see an official release by a modding group for everyone to enjoy.

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Its not bad, but it is no Australian V8 Supercars.

15. coops

coops Banned

^ + 1

16. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

Totally agree, one reason I would move to Australia for sure.

17. WeBz

WeBz Registered

Would love to see BTCC in RF2, this would make the game sooo much more interesting. Equally would love the Australian V8's. +1

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I have a single BTCC car licensed, so far. And one track.

19. crz

crz Registered

Good news everyone!

20. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Brands hatch would be great:D